Englishman's BBQ Pics

by Simon 95 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Ok, until I check with everyone who is in them whether they are Ok for their picture to be posted I will stick to 'safe' ones (ie. people who have already posted their pics or said it was ok):

Here is Englishman and his son.

Mark aka Celtic / Invisible and Englishman.

"Ex-Dubs in the pub" Englishman, Angharad and Little Toe (a real nice guy)
    (Young-people ask: What are the dangers of Alcohol ...)

There were many more (about a dozen) people from the forum there as well as Englishman's friends and fellow pub-goers including the landlord (we went to the pub after the BBQ). Here are some of them doing the entertainment:

Englishman encouraging us all to sing
    (3Mb MPEG)

Still showing us how it's done
    (5Mb MPEG)

The little one in the Man City kit at the end was our youngest, Dylan, who appears a little bemused with it all.

Should be more pics to come ...

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

I loved the pictures!

Loved hearing you all sing, too.

Simon, your wife is incredibly lovely! A real English Rose!

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

Wow, thanks for getting these up so quick Simon! I'm outta town for the next couple days so today's pics are the only way I'll be able to visit the BBQ vicariously for a while. So keep 'em coming everyone (selfish little snot aren't I).

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thanks for sharing the BBQ pic`s.It`s nice to see the people we spend time on line with...OUTLAW

• Francois
    Francois

Well shoot! The audio was a tenth of a second ON and then a tenth of a second OFF, then another tenth of a second ON and ... well, you get the picture.

I'm really upset that I couldn't have been there, too. My forebears are from England, one was even a Count, or Baron, or some sorta thingy like that. The estate was named BAMBRA. Does that ring any bells, Englishman? The family name was Burr-Pitt, shortened in the states to Burpitt, although it seems it got shortened over there, too.

Wouldn't it be grand if we all could get together somewhere for a giant org...uum, Apostafest? Have it shown on TV? All those JWs sitting around those hot auditoria, glum looking, not a beer in sight, singing those kingdom "songs" would just DIE of envy, wouldn't they?

francois

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Simon: Thanks for the photos ... this is MOST helpful ... let's see now ...

Englishman looks like an ex-Jehovah's Witness par excellence ...

Englishman's son ... good guy ... will go places in life

Celtic ... looks like an ex-JW lawyer ... contemplating pouncing on the Watchtower Society

Englishman with Celtic, still looks like an ex-Dub, but with some brew to soften the edges

Englishman with Angharad and Little toe - Englishman with lots of brew from the pub

Angharad, the best looking one of the bunch ... and Simon you are lucky to have such a beautiful wife!

Little Toe ... Looks like a very content, pleased, happy, and well-adjusted ex-Dub.

• teejay
    teejay

Hey, did you guys have any fun? I couldn't tell by looking at the videos!!

• Simon
    Simon

Francois: It's because it isn't streamed off the web that it stops and starts (it takes longer to download than it does to play).

What you need to do is either stop the video playing (pause) until the download progress bar is more to the right OR right click and do 'save target as' to save the file locally and then play it from there.

• Simon
    Simon

BTW: If anyone who was there is Ok having their pic posted then please let me know and I will post some more.

• TheStar
    TheStar

AAAWWWW.....Thanks for sharing SIMON! I can't wait for more!

Well shoot! The audio was a tenth of a second ON and then a tenth of a second OFF, then another tenth of a second ON and

I had the same problem Francois.

Edited to include: Aha! Thanks for the tip on playing the video Simon!

Edited by - TheStar on 22 July 2002 15:21:40

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit