is the WTBTS the False Prophet??

by 67mustang 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 67mustang
    67mustang

I was wondering if anybody thinks the WTBTS is possibly the "false prophet" of Revelation???

Please comment.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I don't personally think that the WTBTS is "THE" "false prophet" foretold in Revelation. I think that they are part of Babylon the Great. I feel that as a collective they are what was foretold...but I do not believe that they are the sole "false prophet".

• Rev BII
    Rev BII

Agreed. You will have to start with the Roman Catholic church and then forth. A big group.

:)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Do I think the WTBTS is a false prophet? You bet.

Do I think the WTBTS is the false prophet of Revelation 16:13? Part of, but not exclusively, for this passage is referring to the deceptive teachings that, in the last days, will lead people to accept the cause of evil. Those teachings can come from many places, not just the WTBTS.

Cheers, Ozzie

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

The WTS made a prophecy that the Armageddon would come in 1917 - it didn't come.

Another prophecy: "The Armageddon will come in 1925" - it didn't come.

Another prophecy: "The Armageddon and the Christ's 1,000 year reign will begin in 1975" - I don't think so.

"All JWs are the modern day prophets of Jehovaha" - oh, well.

I found those infos in the Watchtower mags. of the late 60s. Even they themselves are saying that they are false prophets. No, I take it back. The WTS is making all JWs false prophets.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

"when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him." - Deuteronomy 18:22 (NWT)

• gumby
    gumby

Others, besides the borg, claim to SPEAK FOR GOD.

Though Jerry Falwell didn't/dosen't claim to be a prophet, he certainly speaks for God.

His claim of sept.11 was a good example. They have been many others with similar claims.

• minimus
    minimus

The Society is a false prophet. THE false prophet....I doubt it.....Too insignificant a religion

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD

I came to a belief a while back that the WTS...(ALONG with many many others) are PART of the false prohpet. I think that the one in revelation is a masive group of "church" leaders that led many astray....like the WTS.

• Bang
    Bang

You'd have to start with the RCC

Have to, how come ?

Bang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit