The incredibly white NAACP leader

by Simon 81 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon
    It would be awesome to know all the lies told by the (white) CEOs of the Fortune 500 list.

Well I would bet money that "I'm black" isn't one of them!

You seem to be trying to excuse her behavior by claiming some unknown crimes that surely must be committed by some wealthy white people. That seems disingenuous.

Yes, we know her crime because she did get caught but "what's the big deal" is really to only think about it at face value. I think this is shameful and I don't see how the NAACP can keep her in her position. It's a jock and mockery of all that they supposedly stand for.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    What a quack. I read the part of where she contacted the police about the envelope delivered to the NAACP post box with threatening images of blacks with targets on them, pictures of actual lynchings, and pics of guns directed at the camera. Only problem ... in every postal jurisdiction on the planet, to postal workers cancel the stamps and there is usually some sort of marking indicating where the letter originated from. This envelope showed up with just the stamps. Police said the only people who could have done it were postal employees or anyone who had a key to the box. Absent some Nazi postal employee conspiracy (who would have had the ingenuity to conveniently mark the envelope to mask their trail), I'm going to say there's a pretty good chance that it came from her. What a sick f**k to pull such a stunt in order to drum up publicity!? And what a waste of police resources and huge liability to any organisation she is affiliated with. No one is saying she can't be an advocate. But putting on blackface and pulling off racist stunts for publicity is one good reason why this woman should be mopping floors.
  • Simon
    Simon
    But putting on blackface and pulling off racist stunts for publicity is one good reason why this woman should be mopping floors.

It's kind of a strange and funny situation isn't it. If we said she should be mopping floors and she was black then some would jump on it and claim it is racist. But as she only looks black but isn't really ... erm, it's Ok? Or at least no one will claim "racism". So is it how someone looks? If someone wears black face then can they suddenly be victims of racism when it wouldn't be racism before?

In other news, Mike Jamal Tyrone Brown says he is stepping down as head of the KKK after people become suspicious of his all-year tan.

• rebel8
  • Simon
    Simon

Wow, I thought she was nuts before but after reading that I'm upgrading my diagnosis to "completely nuts"

She seems to crave the idea of persecution. I wonder how many of the over-the-top hate crimes that follow her wherever she goes are 100% her own doing or simply made up? I suspect all of them.

How on earth can she continue in her role. Her deceit undermines and damages the organizations credibility.

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

Lying is wrong and immoral... that is one of the biggest reasons I ended up on this site... in search of truth.

However this does bring up an interesting question.

If I can accept someone who's sexual orientation is different from their birth sex and they choose to go with the former than can I accept a person who's racial orientation is different from their birth race and they also choose to go with the former? Hmmmmm.....

On a side note, I have a friend who is native Hawaiian and now that she is older she has a skin or pigment condition that changed her to white, and I mean white with no visible trace of her previous darker skin.

P. S. Anybody remember the book "Watermelon Man?"

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

From THE EASTERNER, referenced above, "...According to Doležal, the object her mother and stepfather used to punish them was called a baboon whip, used to ward baboons away in South Africa. These whips would leave scars behind, “they were pretty similar to what was used as whips during slavery.”

I think -- and I could be wrong, y'know -- that this might be a thing called a "SJAMBOK", which is really not so much a whip as a flexible staff. I have a couple of the Sjamboks made by Cold Steel. They are tapered polypropylene rods that vary from about 30mm at the handle to 12mm at the tip. It is 1.37 meters long and very sturdy.

To use it, it is not snapped out like a whip - one strikes out with it as though to lay it down upon the target. The target will howl in agony.

I just thought you'd want to fill a gap in your "theocratic education."

Be good!

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Who cares!! I mean seriously if no one has been harmed by this, what's the big deal??

We all have been part of a religion that dictated the way we should dress, behave, judge, shun, love and hate. I for one am thankful for the freedom to just let people be who they choose to be as long as they aren't hurting anyone.

• JeffT
    JeffT

The crazy just got crazier.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/bizarre/rachel-dolezal-discrimination-lawsuit-786451

She has some real issues, in my opinion.

• Simon
    Simon

So it turns out she isn't the only person who's done this and someone else is writing a book about their experience. They have commented on this case:

http://almostblack.com/exposing-naacp-leader-rachel-dolezals-racial-fraud/

The gist is - she may have done it to benefit from the "affirmative action" legal form of discrimination. So yes, fraudulent, but not really 'illegal'. If other people are being given unfair treatment compared to others solely because of race then why not "me too"? Who knows if that is the reason, we can only guess but it's as valid as any others. As for the reason, maybe she saw adopted siblings benefit in that way and thought she should have some too?

I wonder if we're allowed to talk about "black privileged" yet ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit