The incredibly white NAACP leader

by Simon 81 Replies latest social current

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Hee hee.....reverse oreo.....bwahahahahaha... good 1
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    brandnew - yeah, it was wasn't it. I even make myself laugh sometimes.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

How is this any different than the Caitlyn Jenner situation?

1. Black Pretender is lying to gain sympathy. Jenner knows she will not get sympathy from most people and has always understood revealing the truth will cause a wave of hatred --a change from being America's hero.
    2. Black Pretender is lying to get things she is not entitled to, such as jobs, prestigious volunteer posts, and access to powerful people. Jenner is telling the truth to find relief from the stress caused by concealing it, and understands it will distance her from jobs, prestigious volunteer posts, and access to powerful people.
    3. Black Pretender is lying. Jenner is telling the truth.
    4. Jenner suffers from a documented medical condition. Black Pretender suffers from being a liar, liar, pants on fire.
    5. Black Pretender is adopting someone else's identity, culture and characteristics for personal gain. Jenner is being herself.

I will stop now...

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

Crazy story. The lying is what gets me. She couldn't just accept herself as a white woman? Oh well.....the memes of this lady have been hilarious! #askrachel

• whathehadas
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Perhaps Ali G could come out of retirement to interview her ...

For real

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

This is a strange story. I have heard of blacks passing as whites in the

50's, but a white passing as a black person. My brother in the navy in the

50's knew a guy that passed as white, from Louisiana. He only reveal his

identity to my brother and one other guy.

I have a problem with someone passing for another race, be proud of who you are.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    In some circles ( Native American for instance) the person can claim to be part of the identity if they are as little as 1/16 of that ethnicity. Maybe this lady is using similar reasoning.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I get the feeling she has some sort of mental issues. She's not just been appropriating black style and culture; she's been chronically lying about it. She claims a black man is her father. I've heard she's been pretending one of her adopted brothers is her son. She's fictitiously created her black "family" so her race won't be questioned. This seems pathological.

Just a hunch, but with a name like Rachel and brothers with the names of Ezra and Isaiah, I'll bet this was a screwed up fundamentalist family. Adopting the younger children fits the pattern. I've seen a picture of her that looks as if she's wearing an old fashioned dress. I'll bet she is estranged from her parents for that reason. She grew up in a screwed up religious family and was mentally scarred by it. Another religious fatality.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I don't get what the fuss is about. She obviously relates to and has an affinity with black culture, so what. People reinvent themselves all the time, they pretend to be more well off than they are, get tummy tucks, boob jobs, butt augmentation, buy fancy cars they can't afford and lie cheat and steal to maintain a lifestyle they can't afford. People pretend and lie about their backgrounds, social status, education background and yes, race, every day.

This woman attended a black university and has a legitimate job with the NAACP working on issues important to people of color. She gets cornrows or cork screwcurls, hairstyles traditionally associated with black women, is that a national scandal? Possibly she is a bit deceptive about her race because it makes it easier to do her job, or maybe that is what she feel she is in her soul. For this she gets raked over the coals by the media. It's a story that is at best mildly interesting. Where is the crime here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit