Could man have free will if God cansee the future?

by sleepy 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sleepy
    sleepy

Hi Bleep, sleepy awoke.

Just a few extra points.

A universe where you ,if you have enought information can predict the outcome of any event is called a deterministic one.Up untill resent history it was a favoured idea by many.Scientists thought that all actions if accounted for would lead directly to a specific re-action.But with the deeper understanging of the quatum world and the chaotic nature of it (See a book on quatum theory to understand), scientists began to see that there was no way you could make accurate predictions on definate outcomes ,only probabilities.

The quatum nature of the universe means that make accurate predictions of future outcomes is not possible, althought you can make some good guesses.

If you believe that a God created this universe , he created quatum uncertainty.He created a situation where no futures could be predicted with certainty.

Therefore any God who created this type of universe created so that you can not make definate predictions.

Edited by - sleepy on 22 July 2002 8:48:32

• gumby
    gumby

Therefore any God who created this type of universe created so that you can not make defnate predictions.

Sleepy...perhaps you should let the society know about this before they make a 7th prediction about the date for the time of the end.. ?,"1914, 1918, 1925, 1941, 1975, by 2000". Had they known this ...I'm SURE they would have never attempted to try.

• Bleep
    Bleep

Farkel said, "Why didn't you quote Jan's entire comment? I'll tell you why. Because his entire comment shows why you wouldn't quote his entire comment, Dip%!#*:"

Me - I directed his quote to a new topic indeed!

• Bleep
    Bleep

Sleepy wrote, "Therefore any God who created this type of universe created so that you can not make definate predictions."

Me- The Bible makes predictions and all have come true. The other predictions (prophecy) in Revelation will also come true. I agree that man can not predict anything since they cannot direct one step.

• New Eyes
    New Eyes

You worship Jehovah, a God you are convinced will soon slaughter 6 billion human beings. What can Satan do to top that? I mean, if Satan wants to be the bad guy, there is simply nothing he can do to come close to the pure evil

If you think death is the worst thing, pure evil, you had a good life and I'm happy for you.

• Bleep
    Bleep

Death is simply a way to pay for your sins.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit