Good and Evil

by reigninhell 18 Replies latest jw friends

• reigninhell
    reigninhell

Good and Evil. Two basic polarities. Would someone care to please define them, and the difference between them?

Reign In Hell

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Good: whatever we happen to agree with.

Evil: whatever we happen to disagree with.

• reigninhell
    reigninhell

<Laughing>

Very well put.....

No difference really, both exist in our own minds, one always has and always will give rise to the other. We see God as what our own predjudices find acceptable, and the Devil, as our own petty fears and insecurities.

Paul was an uptight, insecure little upstart wasn't he? I almost pity Jesus, having his religion undermined like that.....

Reign In Hell

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Reigninhell:

One of the things I want to look into when my schedule permits is just how much that snivelling little lawyer warped the messages of Jesus Christ.

I've a sneaking suspicion that Christians should be calling themselves Paulians.

Expatbrit.

• logical
    logical

Only Jehovah God is good

• ianao
    ianao

logical:

(Hey, BTW)

Only Jehovah God is good

I though Jesus was his sinless Son? Is he no good now?

• logical
    logical

Jesus own words, Luke 18:19

Jesus said to him: "Why do you call me good? Nobody is good, except one, God.

• ianao
    ianao

logical:

Oh ok, that's right. Thanks for that clarification there logical.

Now, since Jesus was not good (even though he was sinless), does this mean that Adam & Eve were bad when created (before they ever sinned)?

If this is so, then were they punished for being the bad people they were created to be, or were they punished for becoming worse than they already were to begin with?

Fascinating. Looks like black and white thinking cannot even apply in the Bible. Interesting.

Either that, or maybe you and I are just taking Jesus' loyalty to his Father a little too literally. *shrug*

• Xandit
    Xandit

expatbrit that's the most cogent thing that's been posted in days.

• jelly
    jelly

Good is when you think of others as well as your self. Evil is when your only thought is self at the expense of others. Anyway, how can you really believe their is 'no difference' between good and evil? There are certain actions that all cultures can agree are wrong, like the nazi death camps. To say good and evil are purely ingrained in us by our culture is quite a stretch.

Jelly
    P.S. their is probably a better def. for good and evil but this is a decent quick and dirty def.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit