"Keeping up with Jehovah's Chariot"

by FusionTheism 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Clarified Understandings / New Light of the past 7 years or so:

* The Faithful and Discreet Slave is only the Governing Body and only since 1919.

* The Faithful Slave was appointed in 1919 by Jesus but it will not receive its greater authority until the judgment of the Sheep and Goats.

* Charles Taze Russell was not part of the Faithful and Discreet Slave.

* There was no Slave for 1900 years before 1919.

* There may not have been any anointed during those 1900 years, but it's possible there were a few.

* 1935 was not the cut-off date for the selection of the anointed-- this selection is still ongoing.

* 1935 has no special Biblical significance.

* 1918 has no special Biblical significance.

* Gog of Magog is not Satan, but is a Coalition of Nations, who may be ruled by the mysterious King of the North.

* There is no Evil Slave Class. Jesus was just giving a hypothetical warning for each individual anointed person to remain faithful.

* We should not put our main focus on the theory of the Ransom found in the Insight Book, which proposes the idea that Jesus was exchanging His perfect unborn children in His loins for imperfect people. Instead we should just focus on what the Bible says about the Ransom.

* The unforgivable sin today is when you refuse to repent after knowing the truth.

* All honest-hearted people will be given an opportunity to be saved, somehow.

* Anyone in the past who had no opportunity will receive a resurrection to earth.

* If God was not going to resurrect a certain person if they died at Armageddon, then He also won't resurrect that person if they die prior to Armageddon.

* It's possible, but unlikely, that people from Babylon or Christendom can be saved after the start of the Tribulation.

* The resurrection of the anointed ones to heaven began sometime after Jesus became King in 1914, but we can't say when exactly.

* The anointed who are left alive on earth will be "snatched up" to heaven by the angels right before Armageddon.

* The "generation" that will not pass away is either ALL of the anointed as a class since 1914, OR it is two overlapping groups of the anointed. (These two different views are given out in various publications since 2008)

* No Scripture should be interpreted with a typical/antitypical (double-fulfillment) unless the Bible says so and unless Jehovah would have arranged the original event to occur (something that's not evil, since James 1:13 says God can't cause evil).

* All of Jesus' Parables now have new, simplified explanation and understandings that attempt to focus more on the main message instead of searching for meaning in all the little details.

* Jehovah's Witnesses are now encouraged to use the internet and use social media, but to be on guard against apostates.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    All I can say is, the chariot doesn't really move anywhere interesting. In fact, it hardly moves at all. Thanks for the fine spiritual encouragement. I need a nap now. All this excitement............................
  • fastJehu
    fastJehu
    * If God was not going to resurrect a certain person if they died at Armageddon, then He also won't resurrect that person if they die prior to Armageddon.

Where you found this? Source please. THANKS.

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

FastJehu,

I'm searching for the article on wol.jw.org but haven't been able to locate it yet.

I know it was either a Question From Readers or a Main Study Article on the topic of resurrection.

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Also, a couple more things I forgot to include in my main post above:

* Solomon will likely be resurrected.

* Korah will even be resurrected.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Thanks for the update. I used to keep up with and be an expert on JW doctrine, but no more. I bet most JWs don't know what JWs believe anymore.
  • Doltologist
    Doltologist

Also, a couple more things I forgot to include in my main post above:

* Solomon will likely be resurrected.

* Korah will even be resurrected.

I can hardly contain myself.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

w05 5/1 p. 22 par. 18 The Resurrection Hope—What Does It Mean for You?

We realize that should we die before Armageddon, a continued course of conduct displeasing to Jehovah could put us in the same position as those who have no prospect of a resurrection.

P.S.

*** w90 5/15 pp. 6-7 Armageddon—When? ***

And as so often proved Scripturally in this journal, the present generation will not pass away before Armageddon occurs!

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

TheSearcher,

Thank you!!! That is the exact quote I was searching for.

• clarity
    clarity
    Those poor people are just clinging to bits of mixed-up old crap & new crap that they couldn't explain even if someone put a gun to their heads!!!!!!!!! Jesus!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit