new jehovah's witness?

by tiawani18 27 Replies latest jw friends

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Tiawani18,

What a relief! It's disheartening to read someone's post stating that they are planning to become a JW....such a difficult road....so much pain.

As TW pointed out, most of us here are no longer JWs, but we have spent the larger part of our lives as active Witnesses, so we can give you a lot of the information you need.

I would suggest that you obtain the books that have been suggested, and also peruse the websites that have been listed. You'll find out a lot about the doctrines in that way. Also, let us know if there are any specific questions you have. We'll try to help.

• conflicted
    conflicted

Tiawani, you have recieved good advise here. If you want to know about their doctrines - read their literature, if you want to know about their lifestyle - ask us. Active JW's will give you a glimpse of their lives (through rose colored glasses) if you ask them.

Here are a few of their beliefs - there are thousnads more, but this is a start:

1- There is no "trinity", there is Jehovah God, Jesus His son, and the Holy Spirit through which/whom Jehovah acts. Each of these are a separate entity.

2- There is no hell, when you die you simply dont exist anymore.

3- There is a heaven, but only 144,000 humans will ever be admitted - most of whom are already there, approx. 8,600 remain.

4- Armaggedon will occur before those 8,600 pass away.

5- Satan and his demons inhabit the Earth (there is no hell), and they actively oppose Jehovah's organization through persecution and possesion of people and objects.

6- Anyone not in Jehovah's organization when armaggedon occurs will be destroyed.

7- Jesus Christ's return was prophesied in the Bible, JW's believe He has already returned (invisibly), and is currently ruling in Heaven.

8- All teaching and biblical interpretation comes from the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, and the Governing Body who write their materials. They are taught that these teachings, all books, magazines, tracts, and even their translation of the bible are sent directly from God to the the Governing Body, and are therefore NOT to be questioned.

Others on this board may be able to add some more, I hope this helps.

• larc
    larc

9. If you become a Witness and do everything correctly you will live forever on a paradise earth.

10. You will not be allowed to celebrate the following: Christmas, New Years, St. Valintine's day, the 4th of July, Holoween, Thanksgiving, yours or anyone else's birthday. You should not visit your "wordly" friends and family during any of these events.

11. You shouldn't ask someone out for a date unless you intend to marry them, and you should only date another Witness.

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

<<Why would you even think of becoming jw if you havent FIRST researched about them?>>

I did. I was seventeen and looking for a surrogate family as well as that ever-elusive "True path to God." Being young and stupid, I didn't ask the right questions and didn't really know what or where to research. Or maybe I just didn't know what the questions /were/.

A lot of what I learned, I never would have thought to ask about (I was led to believe for, example, that you could leave whenever you wished and not be judged for it) and only found the answers after I got baptized. By then, as you know, was too late.

*Rochelle.

---------
    "Most men complacently accept 'knowledge' as 'truth'. They are sheep, ruled by fear."
    -- Sydney Losstarot, "Vagrant Story."

• JT
    JT

sunchild

good to see you posting again how have you been

last spoke to you over at h20 i think

take care

james

• normie67
    normie67

Hello Tiawana
    I am currently inthe JW Organization....Please do your homework before becoming a JW....i.e......don't let them force you to baptism until you are sure..............if you let them force you to baptism, you may face many probs if you question the Faith. Thats the position I'm in right now!!!!!I was baptized at the age of 14...having been raised in the Org basicallly.I made everybody happy when I did so....Now I have been in for more than 19yrs ..scared to Death to have Doubts about teachings, as my whole Family and wife are in the Truth. So whatever you do RESEARCH the Organization!!!!!!
    Oh by the Welcome!!!!!!!!

normie
    (Member of The JW in Hell Class!!!)

• larc
    larc

Some advice,

I might be useful to read the whole thread. He never had any intention of becomeing a witness. He is doing this for a school project.

• normie67
    normie67

Larc
    Igot that but any of those Lurking interested.......
    Just my 2 cents ya know??
    normie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit