Has Gerrit Loesch of the Governing Body been in any more monthly broadcast since he refused to honor a court subpoena?

by Brokeback Watchtower 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• oppostate
    oppostate
    He is actually NOT responsible for wt policies. Hes responsible for the religious policies

Exactly, he is responsible because he votes on official policies (of the religion) which affect the lives of millions of followers.

He may not be the one responsible for day to day corporate dealings. But he is indeed responsible for teachings that are printed in the religion's publications.

If he voted to do away with the shunning practices, with the prohibition on blood transfusions, with the two witness rule on sexual abuse cases, etc. etc. etc. these policies would no longer be part of the religion and would prevent the suffering of thousands.

He is therefore responsible as are the rest of the Gobbering Body members.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    But thats where your confusing things legally. Hes not in anyway responsible for whats primted in the wt rags legally the wtb&s society is responsible and its coporate offiers who are not on the gb. Practically all witness know this bullhockey but legally its fact
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette
    In a signed Declaration submitted to the Superior Court of the State of California, County of San Diego:

"I do not answer to Watchtower. . . . Watchtower does not have, and never has had, any authority over me." - Gerrit Lösch, Declaration signed and executed on February 4th, 2014
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Wow and there it is.... He lied in spirit if not in actual fact
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Damn, they have good lawyers.
  • Viva la Vida
    Viva la Vida

the Watchtower (corporate) gets tax exemption status because they are a one and only thing with Jehovah's Witnesses (religion). If they are not the same thing as it seems to be suggested by lawyers representing Watchtower and Losch himself, why are they tax exempted? If they not the same, in case I need to sue Jehovah's Witnesses who must I sue other than the Watchtower?

• oppostate
    oppostate
    @Viva la Vida
    You can still sue the WT, and if you win, the cost of whatever damages they incur will be passed on to the congregations of R&F.
    What the lawyers seem to be counselling the GB to do is to word their statements for the courts so that they are shielded from personal exposure to lawsuits.
    @_Morpheus
    I'm sure though that if the Pope issued some weirdo bull and this elicited lawsuits from disgruntled ex-Catholics who were harmed as a result, the Pope would be included by name in the lawsuit. I'm also sure that the Roman Catholic religion has non-profit corporations that do the hierarchy's bidding.
    How would this be different from the GB and the WT corp?

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    It's time for the corporations to separate from the Governing Body.
  • factfinder
    factfinder
    Br. Loesch hosted the March 2015 JW Broadcast program.
  • StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

To all you JWs still in, please go to your elders and say the following:

*"I do not answer to Watchtower. . . . Watchtower does not have, and never has had, any authority over me." -

...then enjoy the warmth and hospitality of a JC meeting in the backroom...

*(Gerrit Lösch, Declaration signed and executed on February 4th, 2014)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit