What kind of genre are you?

by joannadandy 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I have no idea why this thought came to me but I made all my coworkers describe themselves by comparing themselves to a genre of music. So what kind of music would you be? Please note I did not say what kind of music you like, but rather what style of music best represents who you are. For example if you whine a lot, get cheated on, lose your job frequently, and like to bass fish, you are Country Music. You may hate it, but too bad my friend you are country music. Catch my drift?

Another example: I am Ska Music. Typically perky and bouncy, I make lots of people smile. I am good at getting people to dance. Not too complex. You've heard one song(spent one afternoon with me), you've heard most of me and get what I am all about. Politically driven and an opinionated activist but it all comes off as good natured fun in the end.

So what about you? What Genre are you?

Edited by - joannadandy on 19 July 2002 16:24:17

• Valis
    Valis

Its all funkadelica here jo...

SIncerely,

District Overbeer

• jaccilynn
    jaccilynn

interesting jo...

i guess i'd be acoustic emo (even though i hate that it's called that) or alt-country/no depression. concerned, natural, run things over in my head too many times, moody, opinionated... in a quite sort of way most of the times. kind of laid back.kind of uptight. not quite rock and roll, but not completely folk either. fun to sing along to. good to get drunk and take a bath to/with. (what have you)

Edited by - jaccilynn on 19 July 2002 16:32:1

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

Experimental, contemporary Jazz !

My mind is all over the place at the moment

Do you really like SKA ? Heard of the Skatallites ? Check out there 70s/80s SKA instrumentals .... top stuff !

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Well, if ya gots speakers and a Hi Speed connection, you tell me!!

http://www.artistlaunch.com/artist.asp?artistid=3390

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Sheesh--In that way I guess I am grunge----lots of angst but very deep if only you are able to interpret what it is exactly I am trying to say...

every once in a while I hve my Ska moments too

Spice of the grunge class

• 2SYN
    2SYN

Sometimes I am Beethoven, sometimes I am Chopin - sometimes I am Radiohead, sometimes I am Tiesto, sometimes I am Fluke - sometimes I am Goldfrapp,

but most of all I am The Kingdom Songs.

• Preston
    Preston

Genre is not necessarily something that truly interests me, whether its film, music, etc.In my world The Clash, The Shirelles, NOFX, Primal Scream, Madonna, and Elvis live side by side. I think a person's individuality is built upon the destruction of genre, upon conflict with it. The very concept of genre is as cold as the tomb.

So in answer to your question, I've always fancied myself a country gal. ;-)

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

Hrmmm.

Muzak? Classic rock meets Kraftwerk, with a subtle kick in the balls from the Blues.

Film? Old chiaroscuro (when it was done properly) and indie Aussie films

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Guess that would be "folk" for me............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit