Feb Kingdom Ministry 2015: Irate Householders - why so angry?

by Trailer Park Pioneer 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BU2B
    BU2B
    What galls me is that ANY negative piece of information about WT that could upset the householder must be a wild unfounded UNTRUE rumor.  What if the householder was upset by the recent judgements against the BORG for child abuse?  That is not a rumor, nor untrue.  JWs have not been prepared to address legitimate grievances a householder may have since most JWs have NOT EVEN HEARD of it!  They are so brainwashed they would likely dismiss it as all an apostate lie, even though the court transcripts are available for all!  Jws are clueless about their history as well as current scandals and therefore have no real option but to hang their heads and run from a knowledgeable householder. 
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Is he angry because of an untrue rumor that he has heard about us?

So the WBT$ is admitting to a Bad Reputation that`s gone viral in the outside world??!!..LOL!!..

It looks like we are really becoming a problem for WBT$ JW Cult..

Thanks For The Confirmation WBT$ Dumb Ass`s!..

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"We don't apologize for our work"

In truth, WT has never apologized for anything... ever. 

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Exactly what I was thinking OUTLAW!

They now know they can no longer hide their scandals so instead they tell their members to lie to the householders. What a great way of showing what honest Christians they are. 

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    The two things they mention (out of so many) are  disfellowshipping  and blood?
    What witness could possible defend the DF issue, standing at a door, caught off guard ?
    Are they kidding?

and ...

i find it noteworthy they choose those two particular examples of householder objecrions to our beliefs. I dont ever recall anybody using them on me at a door in my 25+ years as a wt salesmen. I heard plenty of others, but not those specifically, at least not that i recall or made an impression on me.  It leads me to wonder if they are, as terry described, inocculating witnesses in advance from things they see are causing many to doubt and/or leave the org.   

I think it is noteworthy.

Both of these examples - blood and disfellowshipping - are 'hot button' issues for many of us who have left the JWs. So, in effect, the WTS is using these examples to identify potential 'dangerous' apostates to the publishers. And, directing the publishers to avoid these dangerous people. Most people who have had no or little contact with the JWs are almost completely unaware of the ramifications of these two doctrines.

The most likely arguments I encountered in field service, so many years ago, were about Xmas, Hallowe'en and birthdays. 

• watson
    watson
    All good sales training includes "Down Streaming".  They are just doing some sales training here.  Trying to maintain control in the sales process.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Both of these examples - blood and disfellowshipping - are 'hot button' issues for many of us who have left the JWs. So, in effect, the WTS is using these examples to identify potential 'dangerous' apostates to the publishers. And, directing the publishers to avoid these dangerous people. Most people who have had no or little contact with the JWs are almost completely unaware of the ramifications of these two doctrines.

The most likely arguments I encountered in field service, so many years ago, were about Xmas, Hallowe'en and birthdays.

This is a good point.  I think you're on to something, this is just a warning to avoid apostates and inoculate the R/F by asserting in advance that anything critical of the org is untrue.  If they were looking for an untrue accusation to use (a category that the objection to the policy on xmas, birthdays, etc clearly doesn't fall under) why wouldn't they use the "You don't believe in jesus" line.  I've heard householders say that time and again, and from talking to other JWs, it seems quite common, at least in predominantly christian areas.  Why not use that as an example?

Instead they use two subjects that few JWs can defend, and they certainly can't defend it if the householder presses the matter after they read their scripture.  They also know that no one that raises the blood or dfing issues is ever going to become a study.  It seems like the entire intent was just to say that anything bad is untrue, and to make JWs feel like they're in the right (we don't apologize).  If I had to guess, I'd say probably only about 10% of JWs would actually attempt to defend anything to a critical HH, and those aren't likely to be swayed by anything.  The other 90% are now effectively inoculated with the statement that criticism is untrue, so that once they've run away, they won't think twice about it.  If you're going to attempt to perform such an inoculation, you're certainly better off doing it on the subject they're likely to encounter, assuming the average JW knows about it (why they don't mention the jesus isn't your mediator).  

something else that's notable is that they did not mention anything about the pedophile suits going on - that's probably much more likely to be mentioned by a non-apostate HH.  If their intent was for people to actually defend the org, they'd prepare them.  Instead, it seems that they just want them to run away, and have "untrue rumors" ringing in their ears.  

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I agree that noting these particular topics is being used to weed out "apostates". It's why I always speak of my aunt who is, in real life, a JW many states away and bring up those topics as questions I have had over the years in her efforts to convert me. I never, ever mention I was ever a witness. I never mention anyone but my aunt and that has encouraged the few that engage with me over those points to applaud me for my "sincerity" and "desire for truth". 

I was very good at refuting "conversation stoppers" back in the day but those 2 were tough ones that I did not encounter often and were challenging. I got the blood issue way more than disfellowshipping. I was way too programmed back then to see reason even when they brought up points I couldn't refute though.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

It was always realised that the suggested "presentations" in the Kingdom Ministry were completely irrelevant for the territory our congregation had (i.e. in Logan city, Queensland, Australia). There, angry persons were the rule rather than the exception. The cause of this anger was no mystery, either -  we were covering the territory in less than a month, and people were heartily sick of us.

However, the party line was that "you don't work a territory to death, rather, you work it to life." (I fool you not!). Consequently, whatever conciliatory talk / explanations were suggestedby the WTS, the real issue was never ever mentioned. (Not that your typical Logan City resident - in his singlet and thongs,with a  beer belly spilling over the top of his stubbie shorts - was ever very amenable to reasoning anyway, in this or any other matter).

Bill.  

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

perhaps regarding disfellowshipping or blood?

Like a JW is going to be able to explain WT's crazy blood fraction policy at the door? Explain how a dub would be DFd for getting red blood cells but not for getting hemoglobin? Albumin is okay, but getting platelets would convene a judicial committee?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit