ANY CHANCE THE GB MEMBERS COULD BE SUBPEONED???

by Mary 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

If any of the child molestation cases actually go to court, or if any of those Witnesses that get Disfellowshipped sue the Society, what are the chances that some of the Governing Body members would get subpeoned to testify in Court? To me, this would be the BEST thing that could happen: these morons having to testify in open court and having to answer some pretty tough questions about their absurd policies and why these people have been disfellowshipped.

They'd look as stupid as Freddie Franz did when he was in court and said that Jehovah was the editor of the Watchtower since 1931..............I can see these bozos saying the same thing:

Q: Who decided that nothing would be done to pedophiles in the congregations, if they are elders?

A: Jehovah God.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

ha ha ha ha Good one, Mary!

But I'm afraid they are going to take the 5th just like other CEOs. Afterall it is the Watchtower And Tract Society Inc.

• Francois
    Francois

Yes, it is possible that the GB could be compelled to show up and give testimony. It's their policy, after all.

Perhaps Beck could clue is in as she is knowledgeable about that legal stuff.

Francois

• scumrat
    scumrat

You mean THE WITCHTOWER BABLE & TRICK SOCIETY

• Mary
    Mary

LOL ScumRat! Geeze, all this time I thought it was The BotchTower Bible and Trash Society!!!

• ISP
    ISP

I think it is more likely that one of the Directors of the corporations would be nominated for the service privilige.......

'Never refuse an assignment'........'I'll visit you once a month if possible........remember to scream if some one tries to rape you'

ISP

• Amazing
    Amazing

Some of the Child molestation cases are in court already ... and it all depends on jurisdiction. In a civil case files in New Hampshire, I doubt that any subpoena could be enforced in New York. But if one of these cases is filed in New York, AND the GB members are served through a proper servicing agency, or the County Sheriff, then yes, they can be forced to appear ... and if they fail to appear, then the Sheriff can arrest them and drag them into court. ... all fine, BUT ... The Society's lawyers would likely fight any such subpoena, and try to get the court to quash it. ... THEN AGAIN ... the Court might not accept the defense argument ... and we could all sit back and watch NBC or FOX news as Ted Jaracz is dragged kicking and screaming into Court ... yes, what a sight!!!

• abbagail
    abbagail

LOL!!! to scumrat and Mary. And I used to SO LOVE the Watchtower, too. That scripture, "Upon the watchtower, O Jehovah, I am standing by day and night..." use to thrill my heart. (for real).

And now I am ROFL at this:

THE WITCHTOWER BABLE & TRICK SOCIETY

The BotchTower Bible and Trash Society

And how about:

The Wallflowers Beezelbub & UNtruth Society

Any others? Has this forum ever made a LIST of these names before? I'd love to read it!
    -----------

Re: Subpoenas. I don't see why the GB could NOT be subpoenaed. If the lawsuit is about the policies which the GB themselves make, and the specific members of the GB are listed as Defendants, why would they NOT have to appear if the lawsuit made it all the way to trial?

Before cases get to trial, there is always the discovery process, i.e., the turning over of documents by each side, depositions, etc. Video-depositions are used many times if the deposed is ill or cannot appear in person, etc.

And remember the recent NYTimes article about the Catholic Church... how DA's across the country are subpoaening the CARDINALS to appear before grand juries, since it was at the CARDINAL level that the cover-ups were initiated. So I think it is very likely this will occur with the WTS/GB in the future.

GRITS

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

That would be great! Having the GB testify... well I'don't know that it will ever happen,

By the way, I'm kinda new to this site: Does everybody agree to the same meaning for these

abbreviations:

YoursChelbie

Edited because I just E-mailed someone who told me what they mean! OMG>

Edited by - YoursChelbie on 18 July 2002 21:53:33

Edited by - YoursChelbie on 18 July 2002 22:17:49

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit