Watchtower Moves In For Kill On silentlambs

by silentlambs 141 Replies latest jw friends

• Europe
    Europe

Who says you cannot have recording devices at the hearing??

You can, as long as they dont see them:-)) Or has Bill have to go through a metal detector and also will be frisked???

To MHO they are scared to death! He'd better take a bodyguard!

• Mum
    Mum

They certainly don't want to risk having two or more witnesses to what they are about to try.

I'm sure there will be lots of supporters outside with recording devices of their own. Alert the media!

• SYN
    SYN

Talk about adding insult to injury!

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Once again, just when you think that the Society has maxed out the stupidity meter, they top themselves.

It's bad enough to be credibly accused of shielding child molesters. But, now to publicly punish someone who is trying to help the victims, well this is just too stupid for words.

They are playing into the hands of the media. Not only that, this move is completely unnecessary. Bill is already shunned and most JWs consider him worse than df'd already. They are paying a big PR price for something they don't need to buy.

• Bodhisattva
    Bodhisattva

So they admit you are denied the right to counsel. Remember this next time they try to defend their star chamber courts as just.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Go Bill Go !! Don't shoot 'till you see the whites of their eyes! They are on the defensive that's for sure.

-BONEZZ

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Bill Bowen-

My thoughts and well wishes are with you.

I am sure Panorama and Dateline would be intrigued enough to do a follow-up if you presented them with the documentation showing how the WTBTS intends to hold such meetings in secret so as to railroad you.

Surely the public would be curious to know why the WTBTS guidelines tend to keep things so secretive.

The ONLY reason a fringe group would make it mandatory to keep things so well-hidden is if they have something to hide.

I can imagine the follow-up story in my head as it played out on national television.

PARAPHRASED as I would see it said:

"After our program exposing the pedophilia within the Jehovah's Witness church, Mr. Bill Bowen and Mrs. Barbara Anderson, who both courageously came forward to speak out against this atrocity despite facing expulsion from their church for voicing the crime, are now being sequestered to face interrogation by what the church calls a "Judicial Committee" in a secret meeting is held where 3 "elders" face Mr. Bowen or Mrs. Anderson ALONE, because per Watchtower guidelines they are NOT ALLOWED any witnesses to defend themselves or an attorney or tape recorder to document the conversation as it takes place. Now one has to wonder.. if an individual is facing charges to be expelled from the very church they have been a member of all their lives, who only publicly voiced a concern over children being molested.. why are they not allowed representation? And why is the meeting held in such strict secrecy?"

After questioning them on this subject, they DECLINED COMMENT. (do you expect any OTHER course of action given their precedence?)

Can you imagine the PR on this one?

The WTBTS can dig their own grave with this one, as long as you play your cards right.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 18 July 2002 13:11:24

• metatron
    metatron

Exactly so!

This stupid move shows how legalistic and vicious they are at
    heart. They could declare him "disassociated" and walk away
    in silence. Or they could do nothing at all and he would still
    be shunned by deluded Witless thralls.

But no, that's not good enough! Theocratic RULES must be followed
    whatever the cost.

What utter fools! I can remember silentlambs being ridiculed
    as raising a ruckus in "Paducah". Well, we're a long way past
    Paducah now, threatening the very existence of the Watchtower.

We're going to witness the Watchtower's public hanging.
    How kind of them to keep providing the rope needed.

metatron

• Francois
    Francois

If I were Bill, I would show up with an attorney, two other witnesses, and a tape recorder.

What they are doing obviously setting up a kangaroo court. This kind of court would not be tolerated anywhere in the civilized world. But then JWs are no part of the civilized world.

Francois

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Notice how they demand "respect" for the chairman elder???

How pathetic. They don't respect anyone but they have the nerve to DEMAND respect. Don't they know respect is something that is EARNED!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit