New here

by EMTmom 25 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

Hi EMTMom,

It's so nice to make your acquaintance! I think you'll find a lot of ideas and support here as there's a wealth of sharp minds who visit here regularly.

I concur with the advice to not push, do see a marriage counselor not an elder, and go slowly with any kind of exiting. I, myself, am a walk-away 1.5 years ago. And remember things often get better with a tincture of time and patience.

Warmly,

Pat

Edited by - Patio34 on 19 July 2002 2:54:38

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

EMTmom - So glad to have you here! I found this site after being out of the borg for ten years. I felt sooo alone with no one to talk to or bounce ideas off or even just to vent some. This place is heaven sent. It's become my home, and the people here are the best.

I am so sorry you lost your mom to that damned blood issue. I agree with the others regarding your hubby though - don't push. There are others here who are in the same situation and either you can search them out by starting a thread, or they will find you through postings and such.

I was a mom at the age of 17 and had both my girls in my 19th year. Married at 17 too, but it was all 'worldly'. We were posted to Lahr, West Germany (before the wall fell) and with hubby #1 gone most of the first year, I was prime bait for the witnesses. I was baptized before I returned to Canada. In the end, it was my hubby who forced me out by starting a rumor about me (in a small town). I still don't know what I was Df'd for. I refused to go to my judicial hearing. I had just come out of the hospital for three months having gotten the foundation to dealing with my childhood and the elders were on my case. (both before I went in and the very day I came home)

I'm thrilled to be out; thrilled to have this site; thrilled that my kids weren't completely raised as JWs. In fact, both of them hate the organization.

Welcome to a really supportive place EMTmom.

hugs, Mimilly

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Hi EMTMom,

Welcome to the reality of life

• cornish
    cornish

Welcome EMTmum,

Just so glad you have got to recognise the truth about,'The Truth',and broken free of the borg chains,

the very best wishes to your new begining and hope to hear more of you.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Welcome EMTmom;

I also found these boards after I walked away 7 years ago. I had doubts for years and expressed this to my elder ex-husband who then went to the brothers. Please be careful who you express your doubts too if you are not ready to be DF'd. There is nothing more intimating for the JW religion then a individual questioning their beliefs, let alone a woman.

Also there is no such thing as confidentiality in the borg. If you write a letter to Brooklyn a copy will be sent to your local elders who will then set up a meeting to discuss what you wrote. Glad to have you here and posting!!!

Leslie

• EMTmom
    EMTmom

WOW!!!

I feel more love and acceptance here than I ever have in my 27 years going to the meetings. I am in awe!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

To Sisteract: Nope, that wasn't me. I have lived in Indiana my entire life. It is sad that someone else has had to go through a similar experience. When I mentioned how upset I was over the blood issue. My husband said instead of being upset, I should be happy that some other little girl won't have to grow up without her Mom. Well, yeah, I'm happy, but I can still be pissed about what they took from me. I think I have that right.

A sister called me today to see if I was doing okay. It took her 2 months of not seeing me to realize somethig was up. She wants to "catch up" tomorrow. I told her that I have to work, but that I might be able to fit her in. I'm not sure if I should say a word about anything or not. Her husband used to be an Elder but was asked to step down because of marital problems.

I have a very bad opinion of the Elders. I think I would rather walk on broken glass then to go to any of them with my problems ever again. I tried that about 6 months ago. My husband was have a few cyber-flings (and then going to the meetings, PUKE) so I told him that if he wanted to move back in, he had to go to the Elders and get help. That was a load of CRAP! They didn't say a word to him about anything. Instead, they handed me 4 Watchtower's and Awake's and how to be a better wife. I couldn't say anything, I was in total shock! I vowed that that would be the LAST time I went to them for any type of help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit