Any students in here?

by jelly 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• jelly
    jelly

Hello everyone, I was just wondering if anybody else was in college and if so what classes they are taking. I am currently a senior and will graduate in 3 semesters with a degree in information systems. I am a little older than most of my classmates since I didnt go to college directly after highschool, this decsion was based on the fine spirtual food provided by WTBTS. Looking foward to hearing from you.
    jelly

• Paradiselost
    Paradiselost

I am a Biomedical major in my freshmen year at Grand Valley State University in Michigan.

• dottie
    dottie

Yep Jelly...You're not the only one that is older than your classmates! I have been out of high school for 10 years and I started at the University of Alberta in Sept of 2002. I am working towards my Bsc in Nursing, and I have 3 more years left of school. I have just finished up with classes for the year, but I still have papers due and 2 final exams next week. Should make for an interesting weekend hm?

Many Hugs to You!

Dottie

• Valis
    Valis

Don't forget to visit Fastweb.com for scholarship opportunites.

http://www.fastweb.com/

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

My school...

St. Cloud State University Home

GO HUSKIES! ...er something!

I have one year left...WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I will be getting a degree in Literature and Communication Arts, with a licence to teach grades 5-12.

(edited cuz it looks like crap for the english major to have major a major spelling mistake.-damn state univ.-hee hee! )

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Well, I think I'm the oldest student here(53). I graduated in December 2002 with a BA in Spanish. I'm currently studying applied linguistics in grad school. I plan to go to Mexico in August and do a two year masters program there in applied linguistics. Who knows? I may even do a PhD.

I graduated from high school in 1968 so the big reason not to going to college was 1975. I'll never forgive the jdubs for robbing me of an education, even though I'm doing it in my old age.

• be wise
    be wise

Hi, Jelly. I'm the same as you. I left school right away to be a window cleaner [how predictable is that]. Then I later came to my senses. I started college at 22. I'm currentley studying music technology at college and will be starting university this year in september, best thing I ever did, I'm loving it. I've met lots of nice genuine people and am doing something I love every day.

• jelly
    jelly

Damn this is an old thread. You willl love school be wise, I am now in the process of applying for grad school.

Terry

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

g'day terry, time flies eh lol

I don't know if i'm a freshman, i'll leave that for others to judge but i'm negotiating my first full year at the University of Wollongong. (BA in Community and Environment)

I wanna teach when i grow up. (that damned Theocratic Ministry School led nowhere :( but this is great fun.

goodluck and heads down folks! :) unclebruce

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

I'm graduating in 4 weeks with a B.S. in Marketing and Computer Science (double major). I may have been 10 years late but I did it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit