THE DILEMMA FACING APOSTATES

by You Know 134 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dubla
    dubla

yk-

That's silly. I referred to Christ's command to put away the sword. Do I really have to cite chapter and verse? I referred to Christ's command to preach about him and his kingdom. Are you so illiterate that you cannot supply the verses for yourself?

more faulty logic, for the same reasons i used before. proving with only scripture that the wt is the one true religion is much different than quoting scriptures that can be shown to apply to jws. just because they seem to apply to jws, doesnt mean they cant apply to other religions as well. going back to the example ive been using, i know amish who preach their hearts out, and these same amish also "put away the sword"....these scriptures do not apply solely to jws, regardless of the fact that you desperately want to believe they do. (i also know christians that regularly preach about christ and his kingdom, who also refuse to take up the sword). when youve believed a lie as long as you have, its going to be pretty tough to ever break away from it.....so its completely understandable that you cling to it as tightly as you do.......many of us have at one point as well, so no one faults you for that.

as i said before, you simply cannot prove the jws have the one true religion by using only scripture. you have faith that they are, but this is much different than proving it. the amish have this same faith in their beliefs, etc, etc. in fact, the jws are now taking the stance that "this happens in all religions" when it comes to child abuse.......so even the wt is breaking away from the "we are different than the rest" mentality.

aa

• simwitness
    simwitness
    That's silly. I referred to Christ's command to put away the sword. Do I really have to cite chapter and verse? I referred to Christ's command to preach about him and his kingdom. Are you so illiterate that you cannot supply the verses for yourself?

I was wondering how long it would take for you to start the name calling and personal attacks..

No, I recognized the references, and I also recognized your "reasoning" on them. I countered that with the simple fact that other christian organizations can (and often do) claim the same thing. You have not presented any clear scriptural evidence that uniquely identifies the WTBS as "God's Organization" (or the center of his "Spiritual Organization" for that matter).

More correctly, it is a matter of faith, faith being the "demonstratble reality of things not beheld."

Well, Webster's definition of Faith is a little different:

1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
    2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms at belief. See Synonyms at trust.
    3. Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.
    4. often FaithChristianity. The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
    5. The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith.
    6. A set of principles or beliefs.

so, faith is not "demonstratble reality of things not beheld". How can it be demonstrable if it is not "beheld"...???

No, you dodn't get it. The decoupling will occur at God's hand when the Watchtower goes face down in the mud

Well, apparently you don't get it. Perhaps "God's Hand" is happening right now and you are faced with a decision on what you will do next, based on the evidence you already "know" about the org. You are looking for a big "visible event", when the only one that matters is the event that happens in your heart

Those who have faith will make the right choice because Jehovah's angels will help them

Yep, and many of us "apostates" have already done so. What will you do?

Oh, and btw, when the shakeup occured in 1916-1919 within the "Organization" the apostates (by definition) did gain control of the WTBS. But that is a topic for another thread.

Edited by - simwitness on 23 July 2002 12:36:14

Edited by - simwitness on 23 July 2002 12:39:5

• You Know
    You Know
    There is no parallel between GB and Moses

or GB and DAVID

Yes there is.

When confronted David acknowledged his eror...

So will the GB. Jehovah simply hasn't confronted them yet. He will, soon.

Moses "proved" he was being "directed", no mere interpretation.

Still, the apostates and madmen of his day opposed him.

What has the GB to show as credentials?

LOTS.

What has been the GB's actitude when confronted with the facts?

You don't know the facts. Christ has not confroted them, yet. / YOU KNOW

• one
    one

YK

1 Many here were not actually stupid.

2 They/we did not have the facts, sources of information about the wt etc, now is differene story, as this board is elocuent testimony in favor of my statement.

3 Some may have been afraid of the consecuences.to them or relatives, talk to person under the control of totalitarian gov, they are not neccessarily stupid.. on the contrary. What about if they were born in that land (wt), not knowing anything else?

COMF,

I would not be surprised if the picture you posted is a real picture of youknow who.

FINALLY

I posted just to make sure new visitors have one more opinion to read. YK is still a lost case, not even shock therapy is working....

• You Know
    You Know

Simiwitness.

I was wondering how long it would take for you to start the name calling and personal attacks..

I haven't called you any names nor have I attacked you personally. I merely said that your comment was silly, which, of course, it was.

I countered that with the simple fact that other christian organizations can (and often do) claim the same thing.

But, their claims are a fraud. Any reasonably competent Witness can prove that Christendom's claims are fraudulent. For example, Just taking the issue of putting away the sword eliminates 99% of the claimants because they all support war when it gets down to it. None of them preach correctly concerning God's kingdom. They don't even know what it is. And on and on it goes.

Well, Webster's definition of Faith is a little different:

The dictionary definiton of faith is irrelevant. I cited the Bible's definition of faith. That's what we are talking about, right, using the Bible? Or are you unaware of what Hebrews 11:1 says?

Well, apparently you don't get it. Perhaps "God's Hand" is happening right now and you are faced with a decision on what you will do next, based on the evidence you already "know" about the org. You are looking for a big "visible event", when the only one that matters is the event that happens in your heart

I am not faced with any decision at the moment. I know who my God is. And I know who God's people are. And when the zero hour arrives when we are forced to make a decision, I can assure you that I will not be in the apostate camp, nor will you be in ours. /You Know

• You Know
    You Know

Many here were not actually stupid.

THAT MAY BE THE CASE, BUT APPARENTLY MANY ARE STUPID NOW.

/ YOU KNOW

• somebody
    somebody

Jehovah simply hasn't confronted them yet.

Christ has not confroted them, yet.

YouKnow,

Do you belive in the twinity?

• one
    one

YK

As usual you make statements that you then are no willing to prove. You answered my question above with empty words.

Soyou think silentlambs and Barbara did not confront the WT?

Just as Paul did not confront Peter for his actituded of shunning the gentiles... (not that wanto go on a tangent, just an ilustration/real/parallel from your sacred source of truth.)

Or will Jah use you as HIS spokman this time???

In that case write to them (GB) not to this board.

After the confrontation, which you think has not happened, will make then (GB) repent...they must for the parrallet to be true.

How genuine will that change in acititude will be?

FINALLY,

As as i mentioned to you before your post are too long. Many here dont have the time wich you seem to hava available.

• one
    one

yK,

YOUSAID:

"THAT MAY BE THE CASE, BUT APPARENTLY MANY ARE STUPID NOW.

/ YOU KNOW"

Of course but please identify them... as a group at least. Specify why AND BE BRIEF please.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

APOSTATE, n. A leech who, having penetrated the shell of a turtle only to find that the creature has long been dead, deems it expedient to form a new attachment to a fresh turtle.

Apostate

, n. [L. apostata , Gr. , fr. . See Apostasy.]

1. One who has forsaken the faith, principles, or party, to which he before adhered; esp., one who has forsaken his religion for another; a pervert; a renegade.

2. (R. C. Ch.) One who, after having received sacred orders, renounces his clerical profession.

apostatenegedhys[noun - masculine]

ETYMOLOGY:Middle English, from Old French, from Late Latin apostata, from Greek apostats, from aphistanai, to revolt. See apostasy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit