2 New Books at Assembly

by Osarsif 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

You mean which version most closely resembles the original drunken ramblings of dad and me? None of them are even close. They all refer to dad as "Jehovah" or "Yaweh" when everyone always calls him "Spanky" up here. That plus for some reason the needed aardvark ceremony is taken out.

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

Windchaser: I looked to see if I could find an answer to your question on "returning to their old way of studying". Clicked on the link and read the following - this is what I found.

"Ahora en la Asamblea de Distrito Celosos proclamadores del Reino de Dios se mencion que se debe estudiar el libro Adoremos al nico Dios verdadero" con los estudiantes que hayan estudiado el libro El Conocimiento que lleva a la vida eterna, de esta manera la organizacin regresa al mtodo anterior de estudio bblico con un folleto y dos libros."

TRANSLATION: Now, in the District Assembly "Zealous Proclaimers of the Kingdom of God", it was mentioned that one should study the book "Worshiping the one True God" with students that have already studied the book "Knowledge that leads to Eternal Life", in this manner, the organization is returning to their previous method of bible studies with one tract and two books

"Una de las posibles razones es que muchas personas necesitan mas tiempo para hacerse testigos de Jehov y tratar de conseguirlo en 6 meses y con un libro de 192 no era tarea fcil, adems es probable que al descontinuar el estudio debido a la falta de progreso del estudiante se estuvieran perdiendo posibles publicadores que quizs les tomara mucho mas tiempo progresar, si bien es cierto que miles de personas han estudiado con el libro conocimiento, tambin hay un problema de disminucin en algunos paises como se ha visto en Europa y Norteamrica. Tal ha sido el problema que ahora se permite a ciertas personas informar fracciones de horas y los superintendentes del estudio del libro estn ejerciendo un estricto control de los que informan, de hecho ahora el informe de las congregaciones se entrega al Superintendente de Circuito y este a la sucursal del pas donde sirve. "

TRANSLATION: One of the possible reasons is that many people need more time to become Jehovah's witnesses and trying to achieve this in six months and with one book of 192 (pages) was not an easy task; additionally it is probably that by discontinuing the bible study due to a lack of the student's progress, one would be losing possible publishers that perhaps would require more time to progress, since it is true that thousands of people have studied with the Knowledge book, there is also a problem with dimishing (membership) in a few countries, such as has been seen in Europe and North America. ; Such has become a problem that now certain persons are permitted to turn in fractions of hours (on their timesheets) ......and that congregations now turn in their timesheets to the Circuit Overseer, and he to the headquarters in the country which he serves.

Interesting, no?

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Ah, more new light by going back to the old light. Another 'oops' on their part.

I always thought it was cruel to have the six-month limit. When I had studies who were elderly or for some reason needed more time to understand things, I thought it strange to say, "Times Up! You lose everlasting life! You just didn't get it quick enough!" The governing body is so wrong, in so many ways.

Thank you, nativenyr23.

Edited by - windchaser on 16 July 2002 23:53:51

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Dearest, Most Blessed One, that explains so much. I am glad that all my confusions over this book can now come to a close.

Would you kindly tell us of the Aardvark Ceremony? I would be most willing to participate, although who can be worthy of such privileges?

My love to Spanky. Thank you, Jesus. Praise be.

• patio34
    patio34

Jesus H. Christ!

Your posts are hilarious! I clicked on your little globe thing and am glad to have the freethinkers site. Thanks!

Pat

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Blessings to you Windchaser!
    I can't go into detail about the needed aardvark ceremony. Its kind of one of those "If I tell you I'll have to kill you" type of things. If searched for hard enough be a rightous and true human (notice I didn't limit it to just man) then it will be found because it has been written down but unfortunately lost.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

I've checked out your home page, J.C. "Freethought Hall", is it for real??????

By the way, what have you and your dad been doing up there, J.C.? Do you BBQ? ;-)

What is your ( yours and your dad's ) thought on the ozone and on going cholesterole problem in this world? ;-)

• Dawn
    Dawn

Hey JESUS CHRIST.......I'm holding a pre-wedding ceremony here next Saturday - is there any way you could miraculously transform some of my pool water into wine?! Sure would appreciate it - would cut down on the cost here. Hey - feel free to stop by, there's some real hard-a$$ individuals showing up that could use a good healing if 'ya know what I mean.

LOVE your posts!!

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

So let me get this right. They're are saying to study the new replacement for the United in Worship Book with new studies after the Knowledge book?

And the new book mentions nothing on the blood issue?

Is this the most obvious sign that they're dropping it?

Thoughts, corrections appreciated.

Ignored One.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    I always thought it was cruel to have the six-month limit. When I had studies who were elderly or for some reason needed more time to understand things, I thought it strange to say, "Times Up! You lose everlasting life! You just didn't get it quick enough!" The governing body is so wrong, in so many ways.

The main point of the six-month study arrangement was to give the brothers just one more reason to believe the end was really, really close. The work was so urgent and time is soooo short that they just can't waste their precious field service time on people who just don't pick up the ball and run with it. There are so many others out there hungering and thirsting for the truth (TM). Of course, the fact that the arrangement was first introduced in 1968 and that 34 years have passed since then does take the edge off a bit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit