Will they disassociate me?

by Sirona 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Well, I wanted to be just inactive. But I was getting to much pressure from my mother who is a reg. pioneer. I had to live and act like a faithful witness. That meant complying all the rules and "the policies" of the WTS. ARGH!!!!!!! I couldn't stay as a witness any longer. I just couldn't condone the WTS's "just ignore and don't challenge" policy any longer.

So I got DA. It was hard when I was making the decision. But now I feel much better. I have never committed any sin ( fornication, adultery..etc.) that required shunning according to the Bible. If they ( my former friends) think I'm "evil" just because I'm not a member of their organization any more, then so be it because that wasn't a real friendship after all.

• Sirona
    Sirona

thanks everyone

Kat it would cause problems with my JW family if we were both DF, and I'd rather not have that trouble

Simon, I'm inclined to agree to a certain extent that its maybe better left alone. I suppose writing a DA letter is sort of giving them something they don't deserve. I think ISP may have been right that theres no need.

Dismembered - lol

Blacksheep thanks for the comments. Its a toughie really

Sentinel - I think you are over dramatising it by saying it will affect our future relationship. If he really wanted to DA I would support him, but HE said he wants to but is concerned about the effect on me/my family. You are right that perhaps we shouldn't be so careful about what JWs think because after all they view us as wicked for just drifting away. When it comes to family gatherings thats another matter really and awkwardness all round might be avoided if you are not DA.

Minimus - we are not living together - he has a house and I'm soon to have my own house.

We are still talking about it. If it makes him feel better I won't stop him, because I think that if my JW family reject him then that just shows the lack of love of JWs.

Sirona

• Navigator
    Navigator

Based on the experience of 5 of my children, I agree with those who have advised the "fade away". My wife (full time Pioneer) is allowed to sit down for dinner with those who managed to "escape and evade" and avoid being DF'd, but not with those who got officially dF'd. It's a technicality to be sure, but important to DUBS. Give your family an out if you can.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I think each individual circumstance warrants a different method for exiting the Jehovah's Witness cult.

Some individuals have family members and association within the organization that constitutes that they fade away quietly, so they may at least maintain some small level of communication with ones they wish to attempt to have a relationship with.

Others have no such ties, or possess convictions strong enough to incline them to make a public statement demonstrating that they have rejected the organization, and wish it to be known they desire no affiliation whatsoever with the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society or the religion known as Jehovah's Witnesses.

Depending on your own scenario, one could fade away because they feel it is best for them, or one could disassociate themselves if it makes their conscience feel better or they do not desire to be harassed by those remaining in the borg.

Just my 2c.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit