They do too go beyond what is written...

by Marilyn 30 Replies latest jw friends

• rosalyn
    rosalyn

just a quick add on....chicken stock cubes....lecithin....if it didn't say vegetable lecithin it could have had blood in it. I am guessing on this one.

And then there was the thing about white bread....once again the lecithin problem...it's an a emulsifier. If it didn't say vegetable ........

And I just remembered one other Nestles Quick.....Alot of companies changed their labeling so we could eat their stuff

this could lead into quite the discussion on the blood issue which I truly have an issue with but another time and I guess another spot on this forum too.

ROSALYN

• Englishman
    Englishman

Nice one, Sirona.

Now, about this pub that stay open until 2am, the address please......

Englishman.

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

Nice one Sirona -your thoughts have been copied/pasted into a Word doc for future reference ...

/ DC

• sisteract
    sisteract

good one sirona

how about adding: you can't have turkey with your "worldly" family on thanksgiving, but it's ok to have it with the "brothers and sisters" on that very same day!!!!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Here's where you can find the deal on aluminum cookware:

http://www.premier1.net/~raines/aluminum.html

Never heard the one about chicken bouillon, though...

Edited by - NeonMadman on 16 July 2002 8:57:23

• Sirona
    Sirona

Thanks Syn and Rosalyn,

I'm on my lunch hour and thought of a couple more (this thread has prompted me to think more about how they go "beyond" the scriptures, and its amazing how many things there are!):

You can have blood intravenously, but only if you separate it into parts first. You can then say that this is still "abstaining from blood".

It is advisable to marry someone who you have never spent time alone with.

You can condemn all other religions as false, whilst reading a bible that was canonised by the catholic church

If you are depressed, you can put your trust in untrained, uneducated men called "elders", but you cannot trust trained professionals such as counsellors and psychologists.

You can demand that your faith is respected, whilst referring to other religions as "the sinful great harlot" who God will destroy

Those people who don't work and who claim benefits can be held in very high regard (they have time for meetings and ministry), those people who work full time to support their families are often called "spiritually weak"

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona

There have been a couple of threads on this actually, check out

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=8365&site=3

where there is a massive list of things!

Englishman: a couple of pubs in our town are open until at least 1 am (and sometimes 2am). They have special late licenses. Various JWs were known to frequent these pubs until we had a local needs on worldly association....so now they go to the next town where they won't be seen!

Sirona

• Mary
    Mary

Well, there's alot to choose from that's for sure.....let's see:

1. I can't recall Jesus going from door-to-door with the Watchtower and Awake scrolls;

2. there's nothing in the bible that even HINTS that 1st Century Christians were required to report how many scrolls they placed, or how many hours they spent preaching, or how many Return Visits they had;

3. Nothing in the bible saying you have to go to 5 meetings a week otherwise you will die at Armageddon;
    4. Miracle Wheat ('nuff said)
    5. No beards on brothers are allowed, otherwise, they're "worldly", but beards on sisters is okay (LOL!)
    6. 'member the "no coloured shirts" policy years ago??
    7. Smoking shows a total disregard for your body, but you can be an automechanic and breath in 10 times the poisons every day.
    8. Getting drunk doesn't seem to be a problem for many in the Hall, but you can't smoke dope for relief of pain if you've had chemo.
    9. You're not supposed to go see Arnie as the Terminator kicking the bad guys' ass, but it's okay to look at all the pictures in the Society's publications as to how all non-JW adults, children, old people and maybe even animals, will die at Armageddon;
    10. It's great to point out the flaws in every other religion on earth, but to even question anything within the Organization is considered "apostacy".
    11. You can't be on the basketball team or any other team after school, but you can go hang out at the mall or watch TV till your heart's content.
    12. You can't hang around with anyone who's not a JW, even if they are moral, clean, nice, kind etc., but you can hang around other JW kids who secretly smoke, have sex, do drugs and only go to the meetings cause they don't know how to get out of it.
    13. If you are raised a JW, you're not supposed to go to college or university to get a degree because that's "bad", but if you BECOME a Witness, and you have a degree in something, then that's absolutely wonderful!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

#99. You can't give blood, but you can accept blood fractions that are derived from the people who sinned by giving the blood in the first place.

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Right on, Sirona!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit