Houston!!! We got a problem!!!!

by hardtobeme 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

GB: Houston!!! Houston!!! We got a problem!!!

Houston: What is the problem?

GB: Anointed numbers are going up!!! There are 14,121 now plus the ones that we didn't want to count in.

Houston: Press the "new light" on the left. 

GB: Will that work?

Houston: It works all the time.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Good old "nulite" will solve everything!

Then chuck in an article or talk about "listen obey and be blessed"

Same old same old.......

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    No nu-lite needed.        Just quit counting.     I'm surprised they haven't already done that.       Cite the example of David when he wasn't supposed to count his army.    (I might be wrong about it being David or an army.      But someone in the bible wasn't supposed to count something)
  • prologos
    prologos

Even Luke and Matthew, mark (ez bien) could not get the count right at the last supper, was it 11 OR 12 partakers, so why should we? and a funny thing happened in the decades before writing the report, there was one certified anointed, and he did not partake, all the meek that thought they would inherit the earth did. and on the first Nisan 14 full moon after Jesus' departure, there was no count at all. and then the Universal Church stopped serving wine, and then wt tried to stop serving the lot to all.  stopping the gates. 

• clarity
    clarity

Jehovah's witnesses are just standing there with egg on their faces once again!  Makes you want to give those bobble-heads a shake.....

wake-up for dogs sake!

In 1960's the "doctrine of the heavenlies going down" was rampant!

Really ...this idea of the number going down until it was 0 ....was a very BIG DEAL!   We were counting on it!  But now, as with all the rest of their whims........ it too has backfired on them ........but ....oh well, they just make up something else to fill in the void!

AAhhhhhhh yes ......... jehobas happy deluded people!

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

How many were anointed on the first memorial?

None, They were all anointed at Pentecost....

Were there 11 or 12?

Luke says Judas was still there and he ate the bread and drank the wine.

19  Also, he took a loaf, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them, saying: “This means my body, which is to be given in your behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” 20  Also, he did the same with the cup after they had the evening meal, saying: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood, which is to be poured out in your behalf. 21  “But look! the hand of my betrayer is with me at the table.

• prologos
    prologos

hardtobeme, was Jesus not anointed at his baptism? and he did not partake! he was the server!

wt disputes that Judas was there, counting on matthew. Unthinkable that an apostate  would partake. need replacing 

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

You are right Prologos. I was thinking about the disciples that were with Jesus. They didn't really needed to be anointed to eat of the bread and drink of the wine. 

Luke was inspired by Holy Spirit to write that Judas was still there. So, who should I believe? 

Luke's Gospel is clear. 

• prologos
    prologos
    htbm: so if the early disciples did not need to be anointed to partake, why should that be a requirement now? 
  • Trailer Park Pioneer
    Trailer Park Pioneer

That issue has been explained already by the circuit overseer, he was asked about that question and said that witnesses are more emotional as the Last Days continue unabated.  It's not a sin to if "your suffering from mental illness to wrongfully be a partaker the emblems because the Bible made no provisions for this Wicked System lasting longer than it was suppose to!" Paul's stern warning that only the true anointed should take of the body of Christ!

The new Boss Man is Crash!  He has a answer for everything that's troubling the Witnesses and apparently it's "mental illness" and "A very tired Old Wicked System making people think they have hopes they don't but Jehovah is merciful and forgives their wrong thinking!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit