Panorama Fallout Begins

by Valis 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

Well, here we go...I sent the Panorama info to my relatives and thought I would share some of the more choice pieces I recieved so far..

I would also like to add that I have left her personally negative comments in the text because I have nothing to hide about my relationship w/my kids or my family and will have no regrets when the worms come.....nuff said!

My original email...

Something you should all view about JWs and pedophilia....very
    serious and important questions that should be addressed in every
    congraration as openly and honestly as the Watchtower study,
    microphones and ALL. Dateline also did a program recently about the
    same thing. Panorama is very much like Dateline.

T.

From the family member w/two babies out of wedlock, now married but separated from crackhead father...
    > Travis,
    >
    > I think you should be worrying about your own lack of taking care of your business rather than looking for other people's mistakes and evils. We all have problems that we must deal with, many self inflicted, I mean, I know I am guilty of that. I cannot look at anyone else and truly say I have any room to judge others. I am dealing with my own set of self inflicted woes and am taking responsibility for them. Please don't send this garbage to me anymore. I know who Jehovah is and I know who is behind any attacks against Him. You know it too. Human beings are not perfect. You have been out of the loop so long and are so bitter that you have no clue what happens in the congregations now or in the judicial committees. Jehovah is who we trust in, not man. If you center yourself against Jehovah you know what kind of future you have for yourself. If you're so interested, and obviously obsessed, with what Jehovah's Witnesses are doing, or not doing right, why don't you go back to the Kingdom Hall and see for yourself? Or are you too chicken to face your own evils? You might be surprised at what you see, although, I doubt you even care. It is unfortunate that you have turned yourself into such a hating individual. People should be forgiven for their mistakes. Jehovah forgives, why don't you? You can hate Jehovah, you can hate His people, and you can hate your parents, but what good does it do? Everyone on the earth makes mistakes, that is a given. We can't expect human beings to do everything that we want them to do. It just doesn't work that way. You know what Jehovah thinks of people who slander him and his people and you know what will happen. You know what the Bible says and you can see it clearly, I guess some of us just refuse to admit it.

And my reply..

Well, the paragon of virtue speaks up. I won't even go into the very contradictory attitude you took towards me or my views, seeing as you are far from the Jehovahs Witness you would like to think you are. Hey I have probs w/my kids and lots of things, and I'm the first to admit that, let us not judge lest ye be judged...the bible is clear on that! The information I provided was not an attack on "Jehovah". It was called investegative reporting. Would you have listened to the Real Player presentation if it had been about the Catholics, would that have just been revealing the hypocrisy of the Catholic faith or an attack on God? That's a two way street you know. So you can deny that it happens in the congregation now or in the past, but the evidence speaks on its own merit. Be an adult about it and watch it or read the transcript closely. Then make up your mind. Remember, you can look at it and consider it a matter of conscience to see both sides, or is that too much to ask?

Love,
    T.

More rodeo to come...edit to highlite the party line..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Edited by - Valis on 15 July 2002 18:27:59

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

valis, I don't blame you for trying, but it's hard to handle the response from an active JW family member........it's the same old, same old, if you attack the society, you directly attack and hate God.......you might as well be growing horns.......I personally can't talk to the JWs in my family about the society anymore.......I finally told one of my brothers that if he didn't care enough to look into his religion before recruiting others into it, that was on him, not me.......the information is there if he ever cares to confront it.......

I hope that god-awful organization doesn't ruin too much of your day valis, it's awfully difficult to reason with a family member that's been blinded by its "truth".......

• JT
    JT

just a question-

What is your goal in sending this info to your family

1. to let them see the truth about the org

or

2. just to see how they will respond

thanks

James

• Valis
    Valis

Both actually, but here are my reasons that I have posted many times.

17 years of jehovah this and Jehovah that from people I assumed were my friends and family

The eternal insults to one's intelligence by the WTBS while in and out of the borg which are evident just by reading personal experiences here and thier own website for Dog's sake

The consistent lack of a coherent family all my life because of the incessant following of JW rules by those around me, some relative will have little if anything to do w/me....

My parent's attempts to take my children to the KH and sneak in JW cartoons like thier Noah video, despite my wishes

Dead family members, my cousin who went crazy after help from the loving BOE, my grandmother Prindle who wouldn't do blood transfusions or bone marrow transplants

At least 8 family members (some other new families we learned after the fact he did the same thing to) that were abused by the same man who remained a Witless for many years, he still lives somewhere in Irving Texas BTW....he should hope he dies before we ever meet....

My home schooled brother who can barely write a legible sentence and is now incarcerated and has little hope of a decent life, so much for keeping him away from bad association....

The sister w/Down's Syndrome who will go to live w/JWs when my parents die and will probably disappear from my life entirely once that happens

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Geez Valis, Why don't you stop hitting your head against a brick wall? It will feel so good when you stop. (an attempt at humor). You have just provided me with a timely reminder as to why I never write to my three jw siblings about their choice to be drones for 'hovah! That reply was truly shocking. Lately I have been wording a long overdue letter to one of my brothers. Thank your for showing me that I'm caughting a senseless, irrational, illogical, demented attack, liberally dosed with denial. I liked your reply back. I always find it interesting that JWs can read a critical review of any number of political or corporate problems and understand every nuance of the situation. BUT present them with a critical review of the WTS and their brains turn to mush! Sheesh.

Marilyn

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

::::::::::::The consistent lack of a coherent family all my life because of the incessant following of JW rules by those around me, some relative will have little if anything to do w/me....

OH DOG how I know what you mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you just long for a gem of common sense from your rellies? I'm about to loose my mother to cancer and I have no one in my family who is normal. They are all off the f'ing planet with dubdom. I can't even begin to tell you how isolated & frustrated I feel. I think you know what I'm feeling.

Marilyn

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Travis.......I can just imagine you shaking your head in disbelief over the response to your letter.

I too have thought of sending something to my parents regarding the pedofile coverup.....but I know that it would fall on deaf ears. "Praise be to Jehovah and His organization"...I can hear it now. Makes me just sick......just sick.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

District Overbeer or Valis, whichever you prefer,

Your situation is really sad. However, every negative comment on the WTS is received as direct attack on the JWs themselves and on God. That is very sad.

For me I've decided not to talk to them about it unless they ask me specifically. I want them to know that I don't hate them, but just have problem with the WTS.

My mom is a witness. Past few weeks have been so difficult for both of us. But I now feel closer to my mom and other family members. My mom pressured me a lot, but that proves that she loves me so much. I tell her every time when we talk that I love her. She still tells me that she loves me, too. Fortunately my rest of the family members are not witnesses. I feel bad for my mom in a way. I'll try to make her feel as comfortable as possible. Not talking about the WTS is one of them, I think.

• Valis
    Valis

Well good for you sunshine, but I'm a lot older than you are and have dealt with a lot more bullshit than you could ever eclipse. I said nothing hateful or mean or crude, even in my replies. Perhaps you feel nice about people living in ignorant bliss, or that you have a special moment with someone, who I bet a million dollars, is not willing to give up thier religion for the sake of the rest of the family. I always respected my parents/family as somewhat intelligent people. This causes much irreconcilable differences when those same people choose to berate me based on the "truth". I hope your parent has a moment of clarity, because most JWs don't. You can fool some of the Apostates some of the time, but not all the Apostates all the time. I don't buy any reason why someone can't view a subject so important as slanderous to anyone, from both sides.. If it is true, then what is the problem? Either way can there a be a congragation wide discussion, w/mics and open comments? Not at any Kingdom hall I know of. You think about that and ask your mom if she has the courage to stand up to that kind of litmus test....my money says she won't, can't, or is too delusional for any of that. Welcome to my reality...

Sincerely,

Dostrict Overbeer

• Simon
    Simon

I know how frustrating it is trying to get through to your family Valis. They should be glad you don't give up 'cause one day they may change their opinion and you will have saved them.

Never give up telling the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit