A Message To Brooklyn

by musicnonstop 2 Replies latest jw friends

• musicnonstop
    musicnonstop

In the wake of 'Panorama', and in light of the mileage the WT has had out of the Catholic Church over the years, I flicked through the NWT I still have and found a little passage in Romans (2v1-5,13) which seems deliciously appropriate (I'm quoting the RAV here, as I'm in a public library and don't have my NWT with me):

"(1)Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge do the same things. (2) But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practise such things. (3)And do you think this, O man, you who judge those who do such things, and do the same, that you will escape the judgement of God? (4)Or do you despise the riches of his goodness, forbearance, and long-suffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? (5) But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God. (...13)(for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified.)["For there is no partiality with God," NWT].

Hasta la vista, a$$holes...

"They never told me what was the truth - just a young man losing his youth..." - The Stranglers, 'Bear Cage'

(Edited for a quote used which I now realise could be perceived as being inappropriate, facetious and flippant and for which I apologise to any who might have seen it and taken offence - MNS)

Edited by - musicnonstop on 15 July 2002 5:11:58

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hey thanks musicnonstop.... That scripture sends chills down my spine!

Asta La Veeeesta - funny! :)

GRITS

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

By the way here's another message for the WTS in Brooklyn, if I may:

When speaking of himself as the true Christ, Jesus did not need to follow the Old Covenant Law of "two witnesses" to prove his identity.

To reason with the Pharisees he refered to it as their Law.

"...the Pharisees said to him: "You bear witness about yourself; your witness is not true. In answer Jesus said to them: "even if I do bear witness about myself, my witness is true...because I know where I came from.... Also, in your own Law it is written, 'The witness of two men is true.' I am the one who bears witness about myself and the Father who sent me bears witness about me." (John 18: 13,14,17)

The apostle Paul in writing to the Corinthians said...

"And so to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain Jews; to those under law I became as under law, that I might gain those under law." (1 Cor. 9:20)

So, it seems IMO that Watchtower Society is applying a law to Christians that Christ never intented to have applied to Christians--it is part of the Law of Moses essentially.

"Consequently the Law has become our tutor leading to Christ,.....now that faith has arrived, we are no longer under a tutor." (Galatians 3:24,25)

And for your information, GOVERNING BODY OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY,

You are taking Matthew 18:16 OUT of context. Jesus was refering to the legal proceedings, NOT the actual crime.

Edited by - YoursChelbie on 15 July 2002 13:2:24

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit