Missed the Meeting

by konceptual99 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Konceptual99

Indeed however since you are new here you probably don't know that I am on a long fade and working to get my family out with wrecking every family relationship that we have. You cannot force people to see the reality about the WTS so this is the path I am taking.

I have Aspergers. In my world, you either like or dislike me. I couldn't care less which. If people don't like what I do or say, then get the hell out of my life and stay out of it. There are other people in this world that may like me for who/what I am. It may sound callous but why would I want to be with people that don't want to be with me.

That's my take but I also understand that not a lot of people are like me.

Like Punkofnice says, you are the master of your own ship. Your the one who will suffer if you get it wrong - not me.

All I was doing was asking a question, not criticising.

What I can't get my head around is the difference between what you guys call a long slow fade and just not turning up one day.

To me, leaving jovie land is leaving jovie land and it doesn't matter whether it's quick or slow because the end point is the same. I don't understand why the results aren't i.e. a quick leave results in shunning whereas a long slow fade may not. What am I missing and perhaps someone will be good enough to enlighten me?

Oh and good luck with the fade.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

The Searcher

Many of us here - and all around the world - are on the same path, Doltologist.

Good luck to you all.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Mmmmm .... BBQ. Yum!

I suggest replacing all meetings with BBQs. So much more fun, relaxing, and satisfying.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I haven't missed a meeting in 48 years!

On a serious note we got way in front of the children issue by fading before we had our son. And it still took us (me) about 3 years to unravel everything (no internet back then).

My wife told me "your fading the way you wade into cold water...........one inch at a time."

The wife is a plunger...."Ok I'm done being a JW lets get out of here".

• stillin
    stillin

Both my wife and I missed the meeting last night for family reasons. I so much forgot that it was meeting night that I called a friend who was AT the meeting when his phone went off!

i really do get annoyed when peoples' phones ring in public places and there is a disturbance. I have no problem silencing my phone and returning the call later. He had forgotten, though, and the meeting was disturbed.

well, most of the folks at the Kingdom Hall are disturbed anyhow...

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

The interesting thing is that no one moaned about not going to the meeting, in fact one of the kids wanted to know when we had passed a certain time as that would mean it would be too late to even consider going.

Kids (and adults) do not like or benefit from weekly meetings that resemble funeral services rather than the motivating and encouraging gathering they came there for. I cringe when I think back on all the hours my little boys (now grown) sat in little suits staring into space rather than enjoying a sunny day or an at home evening with their Dad who had been longing to see them, all day.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Awesome. I LOVE little victories like this. Good for you! I'm happy your family is there to experience the thrilling stages of waking up as you slowly fade.

your kids have to ~LOVE it~ when mom & dad say "we're not going tonight." These will be their fondest memories.

And to anyone who doesnt "agree" with YOUR way of exiting, give em a big fat sloppy "f*ck you!" It's your business how you handle it. If they wanna judge, the Kingdom Hall is open Thursday night at 7:30--they'll find like-minded asshole dipshits like themselves.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

in fact one of the kids wanted to know when we had passed a certain time as that would mean it would be too late to even consider going.

He/she was enjoying time with the family..

"Hey Dad!..It`s too late to go to the meeting!"..

Smart kid..LOL!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    OUTLAW - "Hey Dad!..It`s too late to go to the meeting!"..
    Smart kid..LOL!!

I agree. I took my kids to a fair in a different city. Oh, I accidently forgot it was meeting night.....not. Had a great time. Interestingly, I was a zealous JW at the time.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Punk!!..

Good for you Bud!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit