Article in Australian newspaper regarding jw shunning and charity

by umbertoecho 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

This may have been posted before. I'm not sure. However, if you want to read the article about JW shunning and denial of this practice, then have a read. There is mention of redefining "charity" in terms of how that operates.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/jehovahs-witnesses-a-cruel-cult-20130315-2g5x3.html

• done4good
    done4good

Good article. I hope Australia is successful in the removal of tax-exempt status for the WT. This is the type of thing that will cause a domino effect. Not likely to happen in the USA first, (due to a dogged misrepresentation of our constitution by a certain political party), however a more progressive country such as Australia can be successful at getting things started.

d4g

• Splash
    Splash

So the official spokesperson for the WT says "shunning is a myth".

Seems they are highly ashamed of their (easily provable) beliefs.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Yes, the man lies barefaced about shunning. Incredible, considering the evidence of a shunning practice can quite easily be found in their own literature.

And, yes, it would be brilliant if the charities commission took a better look at what really constitutes a "charity".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I'm more and more convinced that the WTS's tax-free status is one of it's biggest vulnerabilities.
  • Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Every single religion should lose tax exempt status.

SL

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

"At the moment groups like the Jehovah's Witnesess and Scientology are subsidised by the taxpayer," Senator Xenophon said . . .

Just seeing Jehovah's Witnesses lumped alongside Scientology in the same sentence gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling all over .

I would like to see the full quote from Vincent Tool though, just the report that he says shunning is a "myth" isn't quite enough for me . .

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    That WT rep's name could not be more appropriate. :smirk:
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

So the official spokesperson for the WT says "shunning is a myth".

Image result for liar liar

Doc

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

DesirousOfChange - "Liar, Liar"

Once again for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit