HEIDI MEYER

by crawdad2 10 Replies latest jw friends

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

hi heidi....................... i know i am nobody,......... and very slow, ......... but i worship the ground you walk on, because you came forward............. how is your case comming along?.................. bill bowen has me all confused................. you aren't being talked into settling out of court, are you?....................... for a policy change that the expert wicked gov body agreed to?

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

crawdad, Heidi has every right to settle if she wants to and needs to, that's her business. All of them have that right.

What I hope tho, is theat the courts intervene and do not allow 'silence clauses'. I have heard that there is a movement to vacate 'silence clauses' in older abuse survivor's cases, in the interest of the public good. Like they did older adoption cases.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey crawdad,alot of good people have has tried to explain to you how things work,myself included.The law is the law and theres no getting around it.Bill is working to get $50,000.00 each,plus what ever extra money the courts allow.$50,000.00 is the minimum,the court will decide the maximum,and theres not a lawyer on this planet who can decide what the maximum will be.It has to be done by the court.If it were up to me,I`d execute the molesters and their protectors.I read your posts and they are not in the abused victims best interest.You may not mean it that way,but thats how it is.If you are really interested in the victims getting justice,stop trying to interfere with Bill Bowen and SILENT LAMBS.You seem like a decent person on most subjects but this one.I have had to care for abused children who didn`t have a safe or stable home to live in,so I take this subject very seriously...OUTLAW

Edited by - OUTLAW on 14 July 2002 1:0:48

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

http://www.ralawfirm.com/Individual/pages/SexualAbuse.html

Our Successes These are jury awards only and do not reflect actual compensation to clients. In some cases the actual recovery was adjusted after verdict.

John Doe, et al. v. Catholic Bishop, Diocese of Stockton, Court File Nos. 287468 and 275237 (State of California, Superior Court - San Joaquin) Reinhardt & Anderson represented two victims of clergy sexual abuse resulting in a verdict of over $6 million in compensatory damages and $24 million dollars in punitive damages.

John W. Doe v. Redeemer Lutheran Church, et al., Court File No. C8-91-602147 (State of Minnesota, St. Louis County District Court). Appellate decisions at 531 N.W.2d 897 (Minn. Ct. App. 1995) and 555 N.W.2d 325 (Minn. Ct. App. 1996). Reinhardt & Anderson represented a victim of clergy sexual abuse by a Missouri Synod Lutheran minister resulting in a verdict of $644,000 in compensatory damages.

Mary RT Doe, on behalf of her minor son, John ET Doe v. Northwest Airlines, Inc., Court File No.: 98-666 (State of Minnesota, Hennepin County District Court) Reinhardt & Anderson obtained a settlement at trial on behalf of a young boy who was traveling alone and molested by an older boy when the two were forced to share a hotel room by the Defendant due to an unplanned overnight stop. The case drew attention to flaws in unaccompanied minor programs and resulted in testimony given before Congress on airline safety.

A.J. v. Redeemer Covenant Church and Rev. Albert Magnuson, et al., Court File No. PI 91-23829 (State of Minnesota, Hennepin County District Court). Reinhardt & Anderson represented a teenage victim of cleric sexual abuse resulting in a verdict of over $1 million in damages.

Mrozka v. Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis and Diocese of Winona, Court File No. C6-89-012659 (State of Minnesota, Anoka County District Court). Reinhardt & Anderson represented a victim of long-term sexual abuse by a Catholic clergyman and the institutional concealment of the abuse. The jury awarded $3.5 million in compensatory and punitive damages.

Scheffler v. Archdiocese of St. Paul & Minneapolis, Court File No. 95-2180 (State of Minnesota, Hennepin County District Court), Appellate Decision at 563 N.W.2d 767 (Minn. Ct. App. 1997). Reinhardt & Anderson represented a victim of sexual abuse where jury found knowledge on the part of Catholic Diocese and awarded $1.1 million in compensatory and punitive damages.

S.P. v. Richard Mitchell, Westwood Lutheran Church and Evangelical Covenant Church of America, Court File No. 88-14213 (State of Minnesota, Hennepin County District Court). Reinhardt & Anderson obtained the first jury award in America in clergy malpractice.

K.E. v. Robert Hoffman and Robbinsdale School District No. 281, Appellate Decision at 452 N.W.2d 509 (Minn. Ct. App. 1990). Reinhardt & Anderson successfully argued the constitutionality of the delayed discovery of injury statute of limitations applicable in sexual abuse cases.

Oelschlager v. Magnuson and Redeemer Covenant Church, Court File No. 92-03468 (State of Minnesota, Hennepin County District Court), Appellate decision at 528 N.W.2d 895 (Minn. Ct. App. 1995) Reinhardt & Anderson represented victim of molestation by a minister. The jury awarded $640,000 in compensatory damages.

Jeremiah Scott v. Gregory Lee Foster; The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints a/k/a Mormon Church (State of Oregon, Circuit Court of Multnomah County), Jeff Anderson represented a victim of clergy sexual abuse resulting in a settlement award of $3 million in damages.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Crawdad,

Enough of your sarcastic sh*t. You think you're the expert and know more about how to proceed than the law firm of Reinhardt & Anderson?

FYI, Heidi and "Jane Doe" are proceeding with their case -- these things all take time. But of course you'll never be satisfied, nothing can ever proceed quickly enough for you. If it doesn't satisfy you, we all have to sit here and suffer your sarcasm.

Why are you trying to cause turmoil?

edited to correct the spelling

Edited by - Gopher on 14 July 2002 1:8:29

• minimus
    minimus

Hey CRAWDAD,What's your agenda?

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

In my opinion( And nobody ever asks for it!)

I have seen Crawdads posts for a Long time! I think his agenda is to destroy the Governing Body of Jehovahs Witnesses! I also think his heart is in the right place in regards to the abuse cases! Money is small compensation for what happened to them.

It's like arresting a small time drug dealer instead of destroying the source that is supplying it!

And Cami...I want to thank you so much for that site...I agree that these people should be compensated...but they rarely get what they sue for! (Amount) And I do not think it should stop there! I hope more will be done regarding the child abuse issue! So many young hearts and minds have been damaged!

JMO

Golden Girl

• Farkel
    Farkel

Crawdad2,

You need to change your approach. It ain't working.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 14 July 2002 2:18:50

• meyer
    meyer

crawdad,

Thank you for appreciating that I (we) have come forward. I can assure you that nobody wants this problem 1)brought to justice for the victims and 2)wants to take every possible step to ensure it does not continue to happen more than myself, Jane Doe, and Bill Bowen. Even my attorney has set aside personal benefit in the hopes that we can expose and stop this problem. Not one of us has made much mention of money to be awarded to either myself or Jane Doe - intentionally. This has nothing to do with money. I don't expect to see one penny from anybody in regards to a settlement of this issue. This has to do with the fact that I was taken advantage of as a little girl, by someone I see as a predator, and when I went to the people I was taught to put all my faith in, I was failed. It wasn't a matter of what I could gain from coming forward with my story, crawdad, it was a matter of what I would LOSE if I didn't. How could I look myself in the face if I kept quiet about this and another little girl was molested by this person? How could I sleep at night knowing that I could have done something to expose the way these elders handled my case but didn't take it? Let me tell you what the reward is for me - I get to rest easy at night. I get to feel proud of who I am. I get to know that even if nobody else stands up for me, I'll still be okay, because I will stand up for myself. I will take care of me. I get to give thousands of other victims an example in not being ashamed of the fact that they were abused. No amount of money could come close to that. If I am awarded money for damages, great. If not, it doesn't matter. It's so not about the money. It's so much about the bigger issue here. As far as settling - I think worrying about how I'm going to handle that is just borrowing trouble. No offers have been made. I hope that justice will prevail, but if it doesn't, at least I can live every day knowing I did what I could to stop this problem. That is peace. That is serenity. That is comfort. I have sought those things for a long time.

Thanks for your interest in this issue. Just so you know, Bill Bowen has never once made any mention of money I may or may not recover from suing, how I should spend said money, or how much money I should sue for. He came to my press conference simply to show support and tell HIS story. He is in no way affiliated with the lawsuit, other than to support Jane Doe and myself.

Heidi Meyer

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, Heidi, for your comments. I know how hard this is for you. I went through this about 20 years ago when people were less educated about child abuse. People I thought were my friends made me feel I was the bad one. The pain of relieving the experience over and over in the legal system is very hard. But knowing you may help someone else is a good motive and you will find closure yourself. With Jeffrey Anderson as legal counsel and Bill Bowen as support, I know you will be successful.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit