Minors and Liability?

by Jhoy1611 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jhoy1611
    Jhoy1611

Research has shown that one getting bathtized is entering a contractual agreement to be bound by the organization rules and governance. Such rules would include but are not limited to shunning and being dis-fellowshipped. So I ask the community is a person who was bathtized as a minor who is now an adult liable for or bound by the rules of the organization?

Could they lawfully be labeled an a apostate the fact they were a minor and be shunned? If JW are so quick to label people who have left the WBTS as apostates. By definition not BIBLICAL, wouldn't most JW who have left other religions be apostates to? By their own definition of the word.

Regards,

[email protected]

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

As has been pointed out in many other threads on this board (do a search for 'minors') the United States has freedom of religion and that's the end of that.

There is one exception. WHERE their disfellowshiping policies can be shown to be toward the end of initiating, furthering or hiding a criminal conspiracy, their *ss is grass.

In the case of B. Anderson, B. Bowen and the Pandellos and many many others for instance; they were 'hunted down' specificially because they were uncovering a criminal conspiracy that has existed IN PRINT since 1967.

These people are right and there is no way around it, Watchtower IS CAUGHT with their pants DOWN. ANY JW who was expelled/shunned by congregational order over the child abuse issue of keeping molesters from the police likely has a GOOD GOOD case for suing Watchtower for damages. If you can show that your disfellowshipping gave you emaotional/mental problems and cost you money in therapy HAVE AT IT...GO GET 'EM.

Churches have to obey the laws of teh land same as everybody else. Protecting child abusers is ILLEGAL to one degree or another and churches ARE NOT IMMUNE to CIVIL LIABILITY and they may very well not be immune to CRIMINAL LIABILITY.

The hard part is going to be

(1) showing the damage. Money spent on therapy is damage and can be recoverable. Perhaps there are other ways too.

(2) showing the relationship between the expelling/shunning with crime coverup.

Neither will be easy, and it has to be done on a case by case scenario. Lots of hard work ahead of anyone wanting to take this route.

Hey crawdad..where are you?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The contract should now be void for several reasons:

The parties have changed, i.e., the WTBTS is no dictating the terms of the contract, and so the contract is void; the original two parties are NOT the same, and liability to honor the contract is voided.

This policy DISCRIMINATES against those with addiction problems, emotional problems and the clinically depressed. Even thought it is a contract, these are mitigating factors that are NOT recognized as such by any JC I have ever come across or heard of.

Let me know what you all think.

still

Pistoff

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Excellent pistoff. May I further add, that a case might be made that if a baptised minor later wants to, or is forced to, leave the organization, and the congregation orders him enforcedly shunned, he should be able to sue for that. Period.

Some have made the case that if the minor CONTINUES with the organization, then he 'furthers' the contract and then he can't try to get out of it after that. That doesn't make sense to me, not in its entirety. How can a minor, now an adult 'get out' of the shunning? That is organizational, that is not the former minor now an adult.

That aspect needs looking into, Pistoff and Jhoy. Good topic.

• AngryXJW
    AngryXJW

The only "research" that has shown "bathtism" to be a "legal contract" is that done by people who don't know shit about "contract law"._______Do you guys continously start new accounts to drag the same old shit up week after week._______This week: BAPTISM IS A LEGAL CONTRACT._______ Next week: WTS IN INDIA LAUNDERING MONEY (or whatever the stupid accusation was).__________ Following week: RUSSELL WAS A MASON._______ Week after: WTS MAKES SMART BOMBS.________ If you people weren't spreading this stupid shit FREE, the WBTS would PAY YOU TO DO IT!!!

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Angry, I knew you could not resist a thread about contracts and minors. These threads really get you all riled up but you should really be more understanding about it. After all, these people are not lawyers and they are just posing a question, throwing out a thought.

• AngryXJW
    AngryXJW

STUPID ASSES JUST DON'T GET IT!!!______

DUMBASSES who go around INTENTIONALLY SPREADING LIES about the WTS do nothing but hand JWs the ammunition they crave to blanketly discredit all the hard work that goes into establishing "genuine scandals"._______

The WTS is only the XJW community's SECOND WORSE ENEMY._______

The XJW community's #1 ENEMY are those XJW ASSHOLES who do go around POISONING the well of TRUTH.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

ANGRY:

I am not an attorney, or expert in contract law; but that is the reality of the situation for JW's. We are in a contract that we can break only by losing family and friends, and one that can be changed by the WTS whenever they like.

I vent here cuz it helps........and I did not say in my post that my opinion was a valid legal one, JUST WHAT IT FEELS LIKE.

so chill

pistoff

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

If you like, I will email you a whole big bunch of links where AXJ's sole purpose seems to be to hijack threads just like he is doing here. He is entitled to his opinion, but that is all it is.

Therea re times when he is a valuable contributor to the board, and there are other times when he hurts people and nothing else.

Responding to his derisive and contemptuous outbursts, whereas he calls people names that he does not even know (let alone know KNOW what their jobs and legal expertise ARE) just fuels his flames.

It's being ignored that shuts him up the fastest, and lets the rest of the board get on with productive discussion.

Just my 1/2 cent's worth...

• AngryXJW
    AngryXJW

DB:_______I've made it perfectly clear that I have NO DESIRE to be friends or even acquaintances with morally and ethically bankrupt XJWs who are so inept that their primary means of revenge against the WTS, for kicking them out for the very reasons I've described, is to RUN AROUND SPREADING BOLDFACE LIES about the WTS._______

One of these days, the genius (lack thereof) leaders of this community (you know who you are) will figure out that these IDIOT SYCOPHANTS that you cultivate are DOING MORE TO HARM THE JW CAUSE than they are helping it._______

The only XJWs-to-be out there that will fall for this UNDERHANDED means of recruitment are either IDIOTS or MORE morally and ethically bankrupt XJWs.________

The WTS is STRONGER for getting rid of these FOOLS, and is made even STRONGER by the morally and ethically bankrupt "revenge"._________

Ray Franz and other similar XJWs who have maintained their moral/ethical foundations WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH PRACTICALLY ALL HERE. (Some may confuse his "courtesy" for occasional approval.) One of Bill Bowen biggest mistakes has been to cultivate this den of iniquity. I'll guarantee him that it will come back to haunt him.________

As for those "fighters" who have slipped into this mess with "good intentions", it is not too late to return to "high ground". Leave these "bottom feeders" to consume themselves._______

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit