A Birth "Date" Wish From Mom...

by Sentinel 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hi Everyone. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

Today is my Birthday! I am a happy 56 years (young), thank you.

Guess who called me the very first thing this morning? My totally borg, little 78 yr old moma. (I love her dearly, but she can really get on my case about the last days, and how I'm the living dead, etc. etc.) This morning, she said everything to me except the words Happy Birthday. She used the words birth date, and said how happy she was that I came into her life! That I was her firstborn daughter in 1946. She said how sorry she was for the way my life had been for so long when I was small. Of course, I told her that the past was the past, and that we do well to just dwell on the happy memories. I think she appreciated that. It was a good conversation and made me smile inside. The last thing she told me was that she loved me very much and hoped I had a very special day.

This is so very significant to me. Not only the fact that she called ON my birthday, but that she even mentioned my birth in the way she did.. She has NEVER BEFORE done this since becoming a JW in 1959. She was so very sweet and kind to me today. I said to her, "mom, you have to know just how much this means to me, that you would call me today"....and she said, " I DO know, and that's why I called you".

This will be a birthday that I will remember for a long, long time!

Love and Light,

Sentinel

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

A very happy birthday to you, Sentinel. It sounds like your Mom may be softening a bit, I certainly hope so.

Lew W

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Happy Birthday to you....
    Happy Birthday to you....
    Happy Birthday to Sentinel
    I'm glad that your Mom called you!

Have a great day hon.

hugs,Mimilly

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I'm very happy for you Sentinel....sounds like your mom has a lot of common sense. Here's wishing you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Cheers!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

That's really great. Something about an old dog learning remembering old tricks comes to mind. Please don't take that wrong, lol. It's just sweet to see even hardened old JWs soften and be human, their leaders be damned.

Happy birthday.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I was just looking back on some older posts and I ran across this thread of mine.

July 13th was such a wonderful day. Mom had called me first thing in the morning. She was so sweet and loving to me.

Now, just weeks later, she is shunning me again.

The initial shock and emotional pain has subsided somewhat after a week today. I will try very hard to remember the good times, though they were few and far between.

Life goes on.....

Sentinel/Karen

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Happy Smurf Day!!!!

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Happy, um, Day

Happy Birthday

• simplesally
    simplesally

She must have read the KM and decided to follow the leaders. Maybe she will come around again.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Sentinel:

Sounds like a pendulum to me, which means it will eventually swing back the other way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit