Elders Do Lie!

by ThiChi 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Elders do Lie!

Generally speaking, the trust factor that most Rank & File JWs have for their Elders is very high. Like Silent Lambs post shows, most Brothers take what the Elders say as the last word in most matters. DateLine Apologizes for their molestation story... Yea, right.

I was at a car show last week and ran into a (once) very close JW friend (I DA' ed myself just over two years ago) who was threatened with disfellowshipping if he continued to talk to me some time back.

My friend asked if I have been encouraged by the Elder visits I was supposedly receiving on a regular basses. I responded, "I have never, ever received one visit or phone call or message in the last two years since my letter, none!"

My friend stated that when he was threatened with removal for speaking to me, he was assured that I would receive the needed attention. My friend, in fact, has been asking about me these last two years and the Elders have continued to lie to him about calling on me!

With a look of shock he exclaimed "they have all been lying to me about you!" He then stated, "I am tired of the elders using fear to get what they want from me."

Wow, I have never heard my friend talk like that. Well, we are back in touch now......it will just be a matter of time when his eyes will fully open.

Edited by - thichi on 12 July 2002 19:8:29

Edited by - thichi on 12 July 2002 19:9:56

Edited by - thichi on 12 July 2002 19:12:34

• Mary
    Mary

Too bad their noses didn't grow every time they told a lie......

Here's another example of elders lying and covering their own asses;

Last year one of our elders admitted to his best friend that he had fooled around with his wife. This was confirmed by the wife. The elder in question is an extremely competitive man and couldn't resist letting his best friend know: I got your wife.

However, he didn't want to pay the consequences for his actions, because his position as an elder was VERY important to him, so he told the rest of the elders and the CO that this sister was "infactuated" with him, and that he had made the grave mistake of "leading her on". Of course, he totally denied committing adultery when asked and when the sister tried coming forth to admit adultery, the elders paid her a nice little visit and told her she'd be disfellowshipped for "gossip" and "slander" if she continued on this course. The reason they did this is obvious: if they dealt with her, then they'd have to deal with their good buddy too and they didn't want to do that. In fact, anyone who knew about it was viewed as "troublemakers" and many stopped going to the meetings altogether as they were so disgusted at what was going on. Naturally then, this meant that they were now considered either "inactive" or just plain "worldly" which meant of course that they were all lying. The elder who couldn't keep his pecker in his pants, was always at all the meetings, giving the most holy of answers and even pioneers like a good little Christian which of course means that HE must be telling the truth!

What a crew..................

Edited by - Mary on 12 July 2002 19:26:32

Edited by - Mary on 12 July 2002 19:27:6

• ISP
    ISP

Just like how they call on all DF'd once a year........or supposed to do. How many DF'd actually get a call?

ISP

• Francois
    Francois

Elders Do Lie?

Is this supposed to be a hot news flash?

C'mon.

Francois

P.S. - Beck, if you run across this will you please put up your new picture, the one you showed to me this morning called "standing"??? You're really good with that photo editor so you shouldn't have any problem making a thumbnail from the shoulders up. (That is such a beautiful picture.)

Edited by - Francois on 12 July 2002 20:6:13

• minimus
    minimus

Thi Chi, YOU must be lying!! Elders CANNOT lie!!!

• ISP
    ISP

'Elders Do Lie?'...........is the Pope a Catholic?

ISP

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

How about the Governing Body and JR Brown?

In the 2-7-02 letter posted to Dateline after the program aired, the made this statement,

Regarding your re

quest for a spokesperson, we recently brought it before the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, and they respectfully declined, as it would appear to pit brother against brother and this is not the Christian way to resolve differences. We do not feel that a nationwide television program is the foru m in which to discuss differences in viewpoint between members of our r eligion. In this situation, you have related to as that your participants are primarily individuals who still regard themselves as Jehovah's Witnesses. We therefore do not view them as adversaries, but as individuals whose views and opinions should be heard within the framework of the congregation, or church, and not in front of a nationwide television audience. This would be in harmony with what the apostle Paul admonished, as recorded in the Bible at 1 Corinthians 1:10, "that you should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among you, bit that you be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought." Our Governing Body is willing to resolve differences of opinion within the framework of the congregation and according to Scriptural principles.

Yet when WT Public Information one year earlier, shot video of my parents, Earl Norman, and the city overseer Tom Carruthers, each one denied all allegations regarding a problem with child abuse in the organization along with my father making the statement, "my son is just not telling the truth." It appeared they had no problem at all with pitting brother against brother" or even a father against a son.

So if you consider the facts it appears either the Governing Body and JR Brown are liars, or they owe me an apology.

silentlambs

Edited by - silentlambs on 12 July 2002 20:15:20

Edited by - silentlambs on 12 July 2002 21:0:54

• jack2
    jack2

Mary, the experience you report is really outrageous, and just goes to show what lying weasles some of those guys can be.

And Bill, we all know that once you spoke out, you were in effect considered an adversary. "The Governing Body is willing to resolve differences of opinion".....yeah, right.

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme
    Elders Do Lie?

Oh, say it ain't soo.. My image of them will forever be shattered now <ROFL>..

And, yeah, that answers the question, they are theocratically appointed by holy spirt, the holy spirit of Satan!!! After all, he is the father of the lie!!!!

• FlyingHigh
    FlyingHigh

Dem elders is just doin their best. Dey is all just imperfect men appointed by Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit