Quantum - "not one negative anti-mormon cl...

by alex_recovering_mormon 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Dawn
    Dawn

This thread has had a suprisingly additional positive aspect for me - it only shows how clearly WE were also mislead by the JW's. In reading the discussion between Recovering and Quantum it was like looking from the outside into our own situation with the JW's. How interesting to see this as a completely objective observer. My heart really goes out to those who are so mislead by the WTBS and Mormonism.

Recovering - thank you for your post - it was really appreciated!!

Quantum - I have also read your posts, and discussed Mormonism at length in the past with my friend who is a very faithful Mormon. I find no basis solid basis for your religion - it's foundation is as flaky as the WTBS. And your arguments are as twisted in logic as those the elders gave me when I asked tough questions about JW doctrines.

One more thing I find very eerily similar - your pompous attitude is equal to that of JW's.

Quantum the Kind

Quantum the Undefeated

Quantum is a Great Teacher

Quantum the One Who Knows

Quantum a Righteous Judge

Quantum He who instructs

and on, and on, and on

• alex_recovering_mormon
    alex_recovering_mormon

You wrote:

This is a JW site with certain rules for posting. I'm sure this is against them. quickly however, everyone of your claims are valid, but they have been answered many times and the answers are readily available if you link up with Mormon apologists web sites.

My reply:

If the moderators don't like me ripping on a mind-controlling religion like Mormonism then I'd suggest they delete this whole thread. Perhaps the ex-JWs don't understand what its like to have been born/raised and given your whole life to a mind-controlling cause where the leaders claim to lead and represent God's kingdom here on earth. Its not an easy thing to overcome and I apologize if I've bored them with my story of sorrow at recovering from Mormonism.

You say I should like up with Mormon apologists' web sites to get the answers. Why don't I link up to the church's site to get official answers? Obviously you really didn't read my list because #9 Disclosure & Accountability definitely has not be answered with complete honesty. If so then where can I find some financial/statistical reports that are even 10% as accurate and concise as those submitted by Enron and WorldCom to the SEC?

Oh I've searched far/wide through apologist channels for answers to all 10 of these issues. I've talked to several of the FARMS' leaders, my Stake President, Bishops, a Seventy and lots of apologists. The answer I was given is that they don't know the answers and they just put these difficult issues on a "shelf" to explore later when God sees fit to reveal the answers. You are dead wrong when you say they've answered them unless what you really mean is to say the old deceiving line "they answered it by saying that we really don't need an answer now".

Respectfully I disagree on the answer to my #10 question being one which doesn't require an answer now. IS HONESTY IMPORTANT? You bet its important and the time for the church to start being honest is right now. Or at least at a bare minimum they could try to explain why God forbids them from being honest. They always talk about how they are the true church. Part of being true in my opinion is telling the truth.

One thing I do know about the LDS church is this - THERE IS NO OFFICIAL TEACHINGS ANYMORE EXCEPT ONE - THE CHURCH IS TRUE AND THE PROPHET IS GOD's REPRESENTATIVE.

However if any of the ex-JWs decide that you are right QUANTUM and decide to join the LDS church I wish them the best and all the happiness they can find in Mormonism. Just one word of advice for those who follow you and determine to make their Mormonism life a success. NEVER QUESTION WHETHER THE BRETHREN ARE RIGHT AND LED BY GOD. Those who do question are APOSTATE and will lose the Mormon Spirit and become like the rest of the unenlightened world.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Perhaps the ex-JWs don't understand what its like to have been born/raised and given your whole life to a mind-controlling cause where the leaders claim to lead and represent God's kingdom here on earth.

Oh yes we do. You bet we do!

NEVER QUESTION WHETHER THE BRETHREN ARE RIGHT AND LED BY GOD. Those who do question are APOSTATE

Sounds very familiar indeed. Eerily familiar.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Alex,

The vast majority of posters on this board have been greatly affected, to the point of hurt, by the controlling tactics of JW's and their Watch Tower Society. Believe me, we understand what it's like inside a controlling religion. You have our utmost empathy.

Gopher

• SYN
    SYN

NeonMadman: Sounds like MIND CONTROL to me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit