More Than You "MAY" Know

by QUANTUM 67 Replies latest jw friends

• QUANTUM
    QUANTUM

Labels don't determine validity. Just because some jewish sects as well as the early apostate church declared certain writings spurious, does not tell the whole story and I will develop that evidence as time allows. Try to keep an open mind. The book of Enoch had been lost for a time ..or at least misplaced but was rediscovered in the late 18th century. If someone was able to produce the volume with the same or nearly same content without source material and completely independent of all other times and places....would you consider that evidence of inspiration. That is, if someone wrote a book claiming it to be the book of Enoch yet did it in a time the book was not known or available.....and said it contained the same doctrine and ideas as extant in the original, and when the two were compared that they matched almost perfectly in doctrine, is that a valid argument for a inspired type evidence which cannot be explained by any other known means?

Q

• QUANTUM
    QUANTUM

If someone writes a book which deals with a time and place no one has ever heard about which describes the culture, place names, peoples names and many other things totally unknown prior to this writing, which later is confirmed to be accurate in EVERY WAY...FLAWLESS!!! Is that evidence that someone has a inspired knowledge which no one can explain!

Q

• Satanus
    Satanus

This is all hypothetical. When do you get to the proof?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Here, I propose to offer evidence for a certain religious persuasion

Quantum, stop proposing and start offering. After four pages of posts, you still haven't offered any sort of evidence, just more copy-and-paste. It's getting boring.

• QUANTUM
    QUANTUM

cancelled

Edited by - QUANTUM on 11 July 2002 16:49:0

• QUANTUM
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Still waiting. Sorry, i don't follow links, unless it's something i really want. You must bring your proof here.

SS

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Quantum, why would anybody who's left one silly 19th-century American cult want to get involved with another? Why don't you visit an ex-Mormon board? You might learn something there

Edited by - funkyderek on 12 July 2002 12:44:26

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit