• abbagail
    abbagail

Just saw this at Silent Lambs/GRITS
    -----------
    Remote User:
    Date: 09 Jul 2002
    Time: 18:36:56

Comments

QUOTED FROM ANOTHER SOURCE -- Merely FYI -- Top WTS Leader in Japan DF'd ----- Hi, friends: Thought you might be interested: I have it on reliable source that one of the founding JWs in Japan, who has been serving as a branch coordinator, was recently disfellowshipped. According to the sources, Toshio Honma is a top-ranking JW at the Japanese branch. He may be highest ranking JW who has ever been disfellowshipped in Japan, except for Junzo Akashi who was DF'ed shortly after the World War II ended. We're trying to find out the reason for his DFing. It is noteworthy because Japan has been one of the WTS's stronghold's in the world in recent years. Numbers were soaring in Japan (and Russia) while they were dwindling elsewhere in the world. The question now is, will this former high-ranking JW speak out in Japan as Ray Franz did here and abroad? Quote from the 1998 Yearbook with reference to Toshio Honma's WT organization servitude in Japan: ==========================
    *** yb98 112-3 Japan *** Native Brothers Take Heavier Responsibility In April 1975, Lloyd Barry, who had been the branch overseer since 1952, left Japan to serve as a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. He had zealously shared in the work during the time that the theocratic organization grew from 8 publishers in 1949 to over 30,000 zealous Kingdom proclaimers. At his departure the oversight of the branch was entrusted to Toshio Honma, a native Japanese brother who was then serving as the factory overseer. Regarding Brother Honma's abilities, his assistant in the factory said: "Toshio wasn't one to sit back and wait for someone to tell him what to do every step along the way. You could give him a job and tell him, 'This is the direction we're going,' and then he could take the ball and run. He was a good organizer and got people motivated." Another organizational change took place in February 1976. In unison with all the other branches throughout the world, the branch oversight in Japan was put under a committee of brothers rather than under a single branch overseer. The five initially appointed were Toshio Honma, the coordinator, Masataro Oda, Shigeo Ikehata, Kiichiro Tanaka, and James Mantz. This new arrangement was readily accepted by the Japanese brothers, as they were very familiar with the concept of group approach and consensus seeking in the decision-making process. One of the committee members later observed: "With the Branch Committee arrangement, the brothers look to a group of mature brothers as the representatives of the organization. This has the effect of directing the brothers' attention to God's organization rather than to an individual." When a weighty decision must be made, this arrangement provides a group of spiritual men with varied backgrounds and abilities to consider it and to seek the direction of the holy spirit and of God's Word. In January 1983, Masataro Oda, who had served at Bethel since February 1960, became the coordinator. He replaced Brother Honma, who by this time had a two-year-old son to provide for. Others who have since served on the Branch Committee for varying periods of time include Ryosuke Fujimoto, Percy Iszlaub, Isamu Sugiura, Yoshihiro Nagasaki, Makoto Nakajima, Kenji Mimura, and Richard Bailey. Currently seven brothers serve on the Branch Committee. As the work has expanded, each of these brothers has humbly contributed his talents to the advancement of the interests of God's Kingdom in this part of the world field. ================================ End Yearbook quote. ------------

And another person replied to the above post as follows: Dear xxx, This is huge! I personally know Toshio Homna as he and I organized a xxx in Japan five years ago. In fact, it was that xxx which led to my official disfellowshipment. The "brother" with whom I had an agreement for x amount of dollars for five xxxx in Japan robbed me out of my money when it was pay time. Mr. Homna was totally honest and upright in the entire debacle and even took money out of is own pocket to reimburse me some funds. I was contracted the year after directly by Mr. Homna for a xxx, but had to pull out a week before my plane left for Japan due to my having been disfellowshipped. I wrote Mr. Homna and told him I would not insist on his respecting the contract and simply left off amicably - something which he appreciated immensely. He is a dear man to whom I mailed many letters and even a transcript of my judicial hearings. I'm overjoyed by this news. Do you know how I can contact him? Cordially, xxxx END OF QUOTED POSTS.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remote User:
    Date: 09 Jul 2002
    Time: 18:42:10

Comments

Follow-Up to the Japan Post, this justin by the second poster, merely for clarification on his/her last comments at the end: QUOTE: "So as not to be misunderstood; I'm overjoyed if Mr. Homna's disfellowshipment is a result of his discovering the fallacious claims and teachings of the organization. His being disfellowshipped in and of itself does not provoke any felicity in me whatsoever. I know that his life will change significantly as he was a highly venerated figure in Japan and no doubt will be osctracized. I'm sure you understood my words in that manner, I just thought I should clarify for the other(s). When I re-read my post, it did seem worded in a way that could mislead. Cordially, xxxx ---- END QUOTE.

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Hmm, if indeed this is true, this probably has something to do with his DF'ing :-)

"Toshio wasn't one to sit back and wait for someone to tell him what to do every step along the way
  • Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Facinating... (if this can be confirmed)

Path

• sf
    sf

It simply amazes me the men the Watchtower 'employs'.

A few tidbets on Honma:

http://www.rs.noda.sut.ac.jp/~masato/about_u_e.html

??????????????????? ...(PDF)... Damping and a Lumped Mass by Integral Equation Method ?? ? 1 , ?? ?
    ? 2 , ? ? ? ? 3 Takashi MANABE, Nobuyoshi TOSAKA and Toshio HONMA 1 ...
    http://homer.shinshu-u.ac.jp/jsces/trans/trans1999/No19990016.pdf
    More Results From: homer.shinshu-u.ac.jp

Nihon Doro Kodan Research Institute Report... Soda. ??, Investigation of Rock Slope Grassing Methods, Landscape
    Section Tsutomu Sugiura Toshio Honma Keiya Kamimura. ??, Soil ...
    http://www.jhri.jhnet.go.jp/Service/report/report20-e.html
    More Results From: www.jhri.jhnet.go.jp

staff... Toshio Honma / ???? ????????????? honma@aae.kagoshima-u.ac.jp
    Phone: 099-285-8297, ???? / Kazuhiro Soga ...
    http://www.aae.kagoshima-u.ac.jp/aaeMAIN/aaeSTAFFA.htm
    More Results From: www.aae.kagoshima-u.ac.jp

Prize1997... Dynamic Stability Analysis of Elastic Rod with Damping Terms under Nonconservative
    Forces. Toshio HONMA, Fujita Corporation. Transition ...
    http://www.aij.or.jp/eng/prizes/prize/prize97.html

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Not QUITE the same Honma, I am sorry .................

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Not QUITE the same Honma, I am sorry .................

Too smart to be ahigh ranking Dub? LOL

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

WAY too .............

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

here is the latest photograph

Br. Tashi Yokozuna: my ascethic life as cook in japanes bethel,

a report in "home and stove" the mag for jws who wanna merry

damned, he ate up all between head and tail from fish to porc and beaf, the others were satisfied with fisheye soup

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

is it just me or does sf not know that everyone else has access to google.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit