HOW MANY WOULD LEAVE?

by disillusioned 2 13 Replies latest jw friends

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

There are a lot of people on this site and others who even though they don't believe anymore still fill the seats at the meetings.

I was just wondering, if they all decided to leave at the same time, how many do you think would leave? Would the numbers drop dramatically? I would love to see that.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

D2

So would I but I don't think that it's gonna happen any day soon.

Firstly, jovies are well and truly brainwashed. jovie world has seen to that.

Secondly, jovies are weak people. They need to believe in something greater than themselves. Man has achieved much. He has survived this far. He has created great art, great literature and great science. Is this not enough?

Thirdly, people want to be liked. If jovies leave, they fear being shunned by those that stay and those that return. Well, guys, I prefer self respect above all else. How about you?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It is without doubt various fears that keep them in the K.H seats. If those fears could be neutralized then I think a huge percentage would walk.

But how are we to get the poor little Sheeples to stop being such wimps ?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Woah...hold your horses disi....there's a few things to think about here.

When you say a lot on this site, wouldn't it be interesting to get a percentage?

As for 'decide' to leave....well, that would take a lot of courage and knowledge that their life may be destroyed once they left.

Not as easy a question as it appears.

Just supposing those that wanted to leave were able to.....there would be a mass exodus.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I think the loving provision of shunning, in its self is causing even bigger issues for Wt . Dose Wt really want people who are prepared to bad mouth them on here while keeping a seat warm in the KH for fear of losing loved ones. Is this really helping ones who don't want to have a part of this religion, to leave under good terms, or is this just frustrating and antagonizing the situation. By the stage someone has got to the point of posting on here there is just no way they are donating money. Wouldn't it be better Wt if these ones were able to leave amicably so the ones sitting in the Hall are paying for what they are using. Think about it and make some smart financial decisions.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Most JW's have nothing but the religion in their lives, with out it they are nothing and they know it. With out the religion their sense of superiority is gone they become just people regular stupid nothing to offer the world people. They also know that all their friends are jw's and they don't want to loose them so they are stuck.
  • StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

I noticed a number of people posting that they are not leaving for fear of losing families and the shunning policy. I absolutely empathize with that feeling and my heart goes out to them, and I do not mean to sound insensitive or sound critical of their decision. But I often wonder what the end-game is here. Are they waiting for some major doctrinal change and/or scandal to walk out? I mean, there has been a trove of doctrine changes (e.g overlapping generations, blood issue) and scandals (e.g. rampant child abuse and harmful policies) and some have left but there are so many continuing to stay in who know this is not the "truth".

Again, I understand the need to stay in because of family but I often wonder what (if anything) would be the "final straw" that would either motivate or give them sufficient justification/motivation to walk out.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions
    Mentally i already left....i would stop going if it wasn't for my wife who is under the watchtowel spell.
  • My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Mentally i already left....i would stop going if it wasn't for my wife who is under the watchtowel spell.

I am in the same boat.

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

I only joined this site a month ago and JWSurvey not long before that. I have been out for years even before we had the internet in our house. Even though I was out it took me a long time to get up the nerve to check out apostate sites, I was terrified my husband would find out I was on them. I thought that everyone who did not believe anymore would have just stopped going. I was amazed when I found out that there were many who still went (including elders) and that some still even went on the ministry and gave talks. I never ever thought that this could happen, and it has given me hope that someone I personally know could also be doing this, and that I could get a call from an old friend or family who has started to wake up.

I can understand why so many do this because of family and friends and the fear of losing them. This question was asked because I have been wondering a lot just how many of you there are, but I guess that would be impossible to answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit