I Gave Away My Hair

by Dutchie 34 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Reading this makes me proud to know you, Dutchie. A lovely lady with a lovely soul. Your sacrifice, and it is not a small one, is why I have a cyber crush on you too. I just wish I could have been there to hold your hand.

You have made an unfortunate child very happy and should feel real good about it. I do.

((((((Dutchie))))))))

Lew W

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

That's a very noble cause - I'm glad you were so brave! I'd donate mine someday if I didn't keep dyeing it weird colors (like my infamous pink phase). But seriously, you did a really good deed for someone who will be very grateful.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Thanks guys. You've made me feel so good about doing it.

Yes Celia, it now hangs just above my derriere. I can't sit on it as easily so maybe that's a good thing. It used to have a little curl on the ends and now its dead straight.

I'll try to get before and after pictures and put them up as soon as I can figure out how to do it.

Hey Lew, I wish you could have been there too.

• animal
    animal

I wonder if they take beard hair.......

Animal

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Dutchie!!!

What a wonderful gift you gave!!! ((((((((Dutchie))))))))))

You have mail.

• musky
    musky

Dutchie, That is a great thing you did. What does your husband think?

LB, My hair seems to be going away by itself for no good reason too.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Dutchie

As an older woman who is suffering from some severe hair loss as a result of all the stress in my life (previous to now) I have looked into getting a wig - I can't quite decide to go ahead and do it yet but I know it is coming. I have gone into a store once and tried them on and found one I like.

I know what I am experiencing is nothing like a cancer victim (I had a friend years ago who lost her hair due to chemo) but I do know the self-consciousness that they experience.

What a blessing you are to give such a gift. I am pleased too that your hair went to a place specifically for cancer patients. I would hate to think your hair went to make another wig for Cher!!! When donating hair for this reason I think people should do exactly what you did - contact the right people.

My hat is off to you (((Dutchie)))

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Musky, that's a good question because my husband loved my hair. Unfortunately he passed away last year. I think he would have been pleased with what I did He was a very good man.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Dutchie,

How thoughtful of you! This kind of "community service" is the best kind. I hope you can imagine the big smile on the face of the recipient!!

Gopher

• musky
    musky

Dutchie, Sorry to hear about your husband. Once again, it was a great thing you did. musky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit