NEARLY 17 YEAR OLD BOY IS MINISTERIAL SERVANT

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Things must be getting pretty desperate. I just heard some wonderful news of another boy being appointed a ministerial servant. The comment was that even though he is young, he is very mature.Another person, speaking of a different boy being appointed said that he had the added advantage of being home schooled and that really helped him to mature.

• ISP
    ISP

Dad an elder by any chance?

ISP

• jack2
    jack2

That is very young, though I guess not unheard of.

But, honestly, a lot could happen, including his getting a big head over his appointment. Giving a measure of authority to a guy that young could end up being a big mistake.

• minimus
    minimus

One was elder's son, the other not.

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme
    Dad an elder by any chance?

Dunno, but I'd put money on it..

• JT
    JT

This arrangement has been in place for perhaps almost 10yrs- i recall 2 twins of a single parent mom who were pioneering they were appointed at 17 in a congo in wash dc-

the whole appointment program of course is a joke- sorta like being a captain or Litineut in someones Drug gang- nice title but the group that has bestowed such a title on you is a joke-

yes wt is trying to fill all those slots that they are finding to be empty by so many good men leaving due to the bogus stuff they teach

• ISP
    ISP

I guess it is the small fish in beer glass syndrome.....

ISP

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

*sigh*

Yet another instance of WTS double standards in place. 17 year old kids aren't considered mature enough to *date* (at least in the congs I was in) and yet they are mature enough to have a position of authority. And doncha know, it's so much fun to be a woman, with a few years of experience under one's belt, and have to be directed by someone who is still wet behind the ears.

Dana

• Preston
    Preston

I knew a kid in my old congregation who was appointed a M.S. by the time he turned 18. He pioneered by the time he left high school, gave his first public talk the same year I think, and last I heard is now serving at Bethel. When I was an active J.W., he hinted that I was an atheist and though I was distributing anti-JW propaganda in the congregation (actually a copy of a talk giving by a member of the governing body). Does anyone hear know Jeff Grieg? His dad was one of the anointed, I wouldn't be surprised if he became a missionary...

• Simon
    Simon

Maybe they also think that if they give everyone titles that they won't up and leave ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit