Overbeerial Report of Minnesota Flock & Jou...

by Valis 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

Overbeerial Report of Minnesota Flock & Journeys

Click him for pics!!!

Friday: Depart Dallas via Gayhound. 20 hours and 55 minutes later I magically arrive in Minneapolis.

Saturday: Jeff fetches me from the bus station and we go to Laura and Evan's house for dinner. Evan cooks really yummy shrimp enchiladas and uses some of the peppers I brought from home. We engage in beer and bad association until about 3:AM.

Sunday: We meet other apostates at TGI Fridays for cocktails. Stace's lovely wife looks astonished when I hammer a beer in about 30 seconds...We then adjourn to the Apostafest proper, where much to my suprise there is no alchohol. As Overbeer I give loving counsel to Jeff and Ned in this regard and urge them to heed my admonishment to never let this ever happen again lest a JC is in order.....I meet so many wonderful people, and have a great time..here is the list I compiled..sorry if I don't get all of you here...Joanna, Becky, Christy, Jeff, Laura, Evan, Stace, Denise, Jason, Dave, Cara, Jim, Sue....Thanks for letting me speak briefly to all of you as well. I retire back to Laura's house for more bad association and a pizza that she and I conjured.

Monday: I rendevous w/Becky to head to the greater north of the Duluth area, where I am to stay w/Christy and Jim, and J, and Anderea, hehe...Nathan and Melanie. We eat yummy chicken then go for a swim at Holy Oak Park where the streams are filled w/iron deposits...looks like you're swimming in a big iodine bath..very beautiful. Later we have a fire and I elect to sleep outside in the tent...the frogs talked to each other as I sat and watched the fire die then head off for blissful somnambulation....Oh and hedgehogs are delivered safely to new loving homes.

Tuesday: The first order of business is to break my unbreakable titanium glasses, which necessitates a trip to the eye clinic where Becky works...eyegirl to the rescue!!! Jim and Andrea take me on a 22 mile ATV ride through the birch forests and state park snowmobile trails. Then James, my new best friend and seeing eyeboy, takes me on another scenic ride to get lots of beautiful pics. I then retire to Becky's house w/new glasses for beers, bad association and a comfy futon to pass out on....

Wednesday: Becky shows me around Duluth and the bay, plus the Coast Guard musem. We have pizza and await the arrival of the lovely Joanna. Once again the great Satanic forces test me...the waitress, a haggard old succubus in disguise, tries to charge me for a beer she didn't bring to the table....one must always have the eyes on the prize, not to mention the bill! My Overbeerial skills pay off once again.

Thursday: Jim drives me and the fam to Gooseberry Falls for a day out. Very scenic waterfalls indeed. We have a nice lunch of sanwiches and bars at a rest stop near the lake. I depart w/Becky and Joanna, leaving Christy and company behind, with many good memories in tow. Attendance at a gathering near downtown Duluth for the 4th of July was awesome. The home we were at was right on the beach and very near where the fireworks were shot off over the bay. Totally kick ass!!!! I get yelled at by an officer of the law for setting off fireworks in the early hours of July 5th. Thanks to the lovely Katie for the invite!

Friday: Joanna gives me a ride back down to Minneapolis, and we stop to have a nice lunch and good conversation. Then we search high and low for the bus terminal...More possible stumbling occurs as I try to board the bus with an unopened bottle of liquor. Apparently I trespass and get handcuffed after raising hell...Totally embarassing to say the least. I call Jeff and vent for a few minutes then hit the Rock Bottom Brewery where people are very nice and feed me beer in my hours of need. Took a cab to the Amtrak station in St Paul? and slept outside till they opened the next day...

Saturday: I get on the train and head for Chicago. After landing in Chi Town, I find the Taste of Chicago happening and I head there on foot from Union Station. It is evident that Jehovah has truly blessed many many many of the women I see with C & D ++...I'm not talkin the programming languages either...truly a heart warming thing....ehehehe I meet Sasha and Irina, two street performers that do face painting at The Exchequer, a nice bar to sit outside and watch the sights....I consume mass quantities of beer with them, have dinner and then get invited to sleep in thier hostel for the night...saved me from yet another night on the street...

Sunday: My train departs from Union Station about 3:30 and my trip home begins. Long and tiresome between the crying babies and the redneck conductors who like to make bad jokes and obnoxious comments on the radio...

Monday: I near home and transcribe this document lest I forget all the wonderful people and places I have seen.

BIG THANK YOU"S:

Christy: For allowing me to stay in your home and share good times with your family.

Jim: For allowing me your hospitality and letting me introduce the Polaris to a head on meeting with a rather large birch tree....Awesome ride and time!!

James: For being my seeing eyeboy and becoming a friend for life!!! Write me soon please.

Becky: For being chauffuer and hanging out with me, not to mention the assist w/the glasses. People need more friends like you!

Joanna: For coming up to go to Gooseberry, celebrating the 4th, and the ride back to Minneapolis. As well, the fond memories and yet another good friend.

Laura: For listening and sharing your stories, giving me a place to crash, feeding me, and last but not least providing for my Overbeerial needs the entire time. I hope to be there for the wedding as planned.

Evan: For talking to me about data transport for Internet gaming, science fiction, and all things crude and delightful. BTW the BR2 book hit the spot and was just long enough to get me home. Its also pleasant to meet a kick ass cook, from one to another...

Jeff: For making arrangements as the goph between, breaking bread and beer w/me, letting me get bitchy after the bus incident (really helped me get through a long night), and becoming what I would consider friend par excellance'.

Jim & Sue: Thanks for hosting the Apostafest and allowing me into your home...Hidely Ho Neighbor!!

And finally to the rest of you lovely folks....thank you for being alive and free and out of the borg...it was my pleasure to meet you all!!!!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Edited by - Valis on 9 July 2002 19:12:31

Edited by - Valis on 9 July 2002 19:15:53

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Ahhh Valis, such a sweetie...you are missed already...

• Gopher
    Gopher

Valis,

So glad to have had you up here in the great north! Hope your overbeership may bring you our way yet again!

• Valis
    Valis

Gopher, I hope you have mowed the Kingdom Hall lawn by now...don't make me come back up there!!!!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Sounds like ya'll had a wonderful time. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone in dallas, next month.

I may have you sign a waiver Valis, saying you will not expose my behavoir at the Dallas Apostofest. I wouldnt want to have my image here tarnished!!!!!!!!! I really do intend on being on my best behavior, until I get drunk , then I am released from all accountability for any thing I shall say , or do. I think this applies to wild turkey too.

• SYN
    SYN

Captions, Valis, captions! Don't want to stumble us now! Glad you guys had a good time!

• Valis
    Valis

If I have time this week I'll do captions....lyin...my camera is waiting for you....signed confession, uh I mean waiver or not...heheh

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Valis
    Valis

Just one time BTTT...I spent some time and effort posting my journey and pics....won't do it again cause that gets obnoxious..., hoping to catch some that didn't post or look here today...going zzzzzzzzzzzz......

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "sleepy lecherous" class

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING... and making me a wee bit jealous... Sounds like you all had fun and thanks also for the pictures... BTW, who is who (other than you Valis of course) ? Just curious???

Kisses,

Moe

• Gopher
    Gopher

The fellow grilling sausages is... Moses!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit