Sunday Morning District convention notes

by crownboy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

...."We can loose our "perceptive powers"....

Is that "loose" or "lose"?? Either way, it happened when I read too many old WTs

• Salud
    Salud

Crownboy,

Great job, you paid better attention and took better notes than most who attend the conventions. I spoke to a good friend of mine who said he will not be able to attend this year (financial situation) and I told him not to worry that I will give him the sypnosis of what the convention was about. Your notes will help.

It's funny how now those who speak to the media are now considered apostates as they led many to believe after the Drama. Maybe the speakers should remind the convention goers that JR Brown's letter on their own website explaining why they would not appear on Dateline refferred to those same 'apostates' as Brothers.

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

the youths get more and more qualified in using internet.

that means : those on the ivory towers must get new ideas or leave the chairs.

Who gives us the Moses back that he digest the ivories through the red sea. When they are in the mid, put the switch on and let the waters come back again. I am fed up with child molestion, UN-scandal and so many things that make the mood down.

• crownboy
    crownboy

Thanks for all the replies so far, guys. It's so true how predictable they are,

Salud you can also find my notes from Friday morning here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=31435&site=3

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Thanks for the notes. Great sarchastic comments

Apparently the public talk and drama were what I needed. A JW I ran into today was sorry I couldn't have heard them.

Path

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

I asked that same question myself. Born into the org I was the last of my peers to get baptized and probably only did then to shut them up and not loose the only "friends" I had...

• Simon
    Simon

great summary!

Noew, if you can get all the points in a short post (1 minute to read?) why do they have to string it out for a whole day!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Our kind host asked,

if you can get all the points in a short post (1 minute to read?) why do they have to string it out for a whole day?

Because -- through constant repetition, and hearing the same thing (over and over) with slight twists, the listeners get the ILLUSION that they're being fed a hearty "spiritual meal", instead of the tiny little bits of mush we know that it really is!

Edited by - Gopher on 9 July 2002 19:30:31

• JWinSF
    JWinSF

The stuff about the kid baptism to me was particularly revolting. Just a mind game/guilt trip for parents who don't think for themselves and for kids who are too young to make life decisions themselves.

• simplesally
    simplesally

We had a DO say from the platform, that parents ask, "Is my child too young to be baptized?" He said his response to them all is, "Is your child too young to DIE?"

Still can't believe he would say that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit