If God Is Love...

by Windchaser 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

and love is not jealous, and God is a jealous God, how can he be Love?

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

God found a loophole and he is not telling...send me 19.95 and I will explain

• gumby
    gumby

If your mate was PURPOSELY flirting with someone else and you got jealous......would that mean you don't love her. Who said love does not have a jealousy of ....."this type"?

Does love mean it CANNOT have any jealousy in it?

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Having dated a few jealous guys...no...there is no REAL love in jealousy...just mistrust, poor self-esteem, and any number of control issues.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Gumby

Some people kill their mates because of jealously. That is perfectly normal and proper, right, since jehovah sets the example in doing this? The muslims are right also then, in their executions of unfaithful wives.

But really, if god was really love, he would kill no one. He would find ways to save everyone. After all, he has all time, all power, all creation, all knowledge, all the angels (yes, even the devil and demons, as the bible says he puts the old hook in their jaws to do his will), all the universe, all the powers of nature on the earth at his disposal to bring all to the realisation of his love. And so, he would win all, by all means. But, we don't see him doing much of anything, do we?

SS

• gumby
    gumby

SS..

But really, if god was really love, he would kill no one. He would find ways to save everyone. After all, he has all time, all power, all creation, all knowledge, all the angels (yes, even the devil and demons, as the bible says he puts the old hook in their jaws to do his will), all the universe, all the powers of nature on the earth at his disposal to bring all to the realisation of his love. And so, he would win all, by all means. But, we don't see him doing much of anything, do we?

I agree 100 percent. I was only commenting on what I thought was a bad argument. If God is real.....then he could be jealous or angry and not put aside his nature of love.......according to the argument presented in this thread.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik
    If God Is Love...and love is not jealous, and God is a jealous God, how can he be Love?

lol...this is great.

SPAZ

• Mac
    Mac

Hey Gumby,

I screwed Pokey! How do you feel about that? Let it flow.

Dr. Mac

• Mac
    Mac

( I also did Mr. Bill) Guess I have a problem with masturclaytion!!!

• willy_think
    willy_think

2 Corinthians 11
    Paul and the False Apostles
    1I hope you will put up with a little of my foolishness; but you are already doing that. 2I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. 3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

Nahum 1
    1 An oracle concerning Nineveh. The book of the vision of Nahum the Elkoshite.
    The Lord's Anger Against Nineveh
    2 The Lord is a jealous and avenging God;
    the Lord takes vengeance and is filled with wrath.
    The Lord takes vengeance on his foes
    and maintains his wrath against his enemies.
    3 The Lord is slow to anger and great in power;
    the Lord will not leave the guilty unpunished.
    His way is in the whirlwind and the storm,
    and clouds are the dust of his feet.

Exodus 20
    4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Exodus 34
    13 Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones and cut down their Asherah poles. 14 Do not worship any other god, for the Lord , whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.
    15 "Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land; for when they prostitute themselves to their gods and sacrifice to them, they will invite you and you will eat their sacrifices.

Deuteronomy 4
    23 Be careful not to forget the covenant of the Lord your God that he made with you; do not make for yourselves an idol in the form of anything the Lord your God has forbidden. 24 For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.
    25 After you have had children and grandchildren and have lived in the land a long time-if you then become corrupt and make any kind of idol, doing evil in the eyes of the Lord your God and provoking him to anger,

Deuteronomy 6
    14 Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you; 15 for the Lord your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land. 16 Do not test the Lord your God as you did at Massah.

It seems to me that godly "jealousy" is a term used to express gods displeasure with the worship of pretend gods and it's consequences I believe jealousy to be not the nature of God but a human concept used to remind the Jews of one of the laws even the NT use points to this.
    "gods displeasure" lol there is my human concept I'm putting on God, but how can we talk about him without equating human concepts that's all we know.

If it was meant to be taken literally Gods name would be Jealousy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit