1960's generation "...you will never grow ...

by MacHislopp 11 Replies latest jw friends

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello,

take courage all of you "1960's generation":

awake! 22.05.1969 p. 15

" If you are a young person, you also

need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present

system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment

of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end

in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the

"last days" in 1914, Jesus foretold: "This generation will by no means

pass away until all these things occur."- Matt. 24:34

In case you had some doubts about Jesus's words:

*** w73 1/15 61 How Important Can a Promise Be?

We know that Jesus Christ will take such action within this generation.

Bible chronology clearly establishes that in 1914 C.E. he was given rulership over the world of mankind. (Dan. 4:16-27; 7:12-14; Rev. 11:15)

J.C. MacHislopp

• Moridin
    Moridin

This promise was also realized for the generation of 1914. My grandfather, born in 1904, had his only wish, being able to live straight through to the "new system", dashed to bits on his death bed. After the 1995 change of "this generation", he started to become depressed. At the age of 97 before his death he said, "They've been saying the end is coming, the end is coming, since the very beginning. I don't think it will ever come." He died shortly thereafter hurt by failed promises of the Watchtower.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

JC,

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things.

Well, that turned out to be a fine fact! I grew-up in the 60's (born 1960), I remember all those promises. College was no concern to me I wasn't even going to leave school! The world was not going to make it past 1975 and by 1984 it would be too polluted and over populated.

My son was born 8 months after hearing the talk "Responsible Child Rearing in the Time of the End (summer 1987) He turned 13 today and will get a driving permit in two years time and starts college in just over 5 years.

I though will not be growing old I have a WTS fact to keep me young..and a picture in the attic!

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

Edited by - Thirdson on 9 March 2001 1:19:50

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Larc,

Yes, I have an aging portrait of me hidden away -- I wish. But seriously, it comes as a bit of a disappointment to be aging after all the WTS promises. I can’t really complain, my mom was told “woe to the pregnant woman” when she was pregnant with me. If she and dad had seriously listened to the WTS there’d be very few of our tribe.

Thirdson

• joelbear
    joelbear

I remember sitting at an assembly in the mid 60s and counting on my fingers how old I would be when the persecution started. I was 17 in 1975. I used to say to myself, I will be old enough to withstand persecution then.

I think it was 1968 when they had the drama on persecution at the assembly and part of it was about a young girl in Malawi. I was 10 and riveted by the thought of prison and torture in just a few years.

It has been an interesting struggle for me to readjust my life view completely around.

age 10 - awestruck by hope of paradise, terrified of persecution
    age 15 - baptized foolishly, knew I was gay, didn't want to disappoint
    family and friends
    age 17 - fought bitterly with parents over college issue, I wanted to
    go, mother tearfully begged me not to
    age 20 - followed best friend to Bethel, no job skills, no life
    in Valdosta
    age 20 - dismissed from Bethel for telling another guy I loved him,
    not disfellowshipped, allowed to pioneer, wanted desperately
    to return to Bethel to redeem myself
    age 22 - told bluntly by Circuit Overseer there was no way I was
    going back to Bethel, stopped pioneering, went to work.
    age 23 - moved away from home to "come out", great timing, same year
    (1981) that AIDS struck, ran back to Kingdom Hall, no place
    else to go.
    age 30 - went on trip to Key West, got kissed, got DFed, got shunned
    moved to Atlanta
    age 31 - Met Mitch, still together
    age 43 - disillusioned still by humanity in general, about to turn
    life upside down for 3rd time and see what happens.

hugs all

Joel

• larc
    larc

Thirdson,

I didn't catch that pic in the attic comment right away. Are you refering to the Portrait of Thirdson Gray?

Well, all my friends who predicted Argmagedden whould be here before I graduated from college are grandparents now. I guess that's why I find it dificult to get all emotional when people like spectrum, logical, mds, bjc, and jr come here to tell us we are living in momentous times Armageddon wise. Instead of going preaching, I think I'll go fishing this spring, with my grand daughter.

• MDS
    MDS

Hi Larc:

Well, all my friends who predicted Argmagedden whould be here before I graduated from college are grandparents now. I guess that's why I find it dificult to get all emotional when people like spectrum, logical, mds, bjc, and jr come here to tell us we are living in momentous times Armageddon wise. Instead of going preaching, I think I'll go fishing this spring, with my grand daughter.

Larc, my friend, you have us all wrong...allll wrong.

For example, did you know, BJC was baptized in 1952? That's 1952.

She has experienced everything you have AND MORE.

...heard all of the lies from the WTS...all of them. Still, she has manifested "faith," in the "Report."

Her background? ... She did just as you, ... went to College despite the stupidity of the brotherhood, and got TWO DEGREES...(one in Computer Sciences field) ... yes, has lived a good life, plenty of money, nice house, reared 3 kids, had family life, enjoyed fine clothes, travel, did not lack for nothing.

...and you want to look down on BJC?

Personally, BJC's father, also a member of this group, and read the "Report" and accepted the message, ...baptized 1940's, became a PhD and well-respected Educator in the area ... had a plenty of what this world has to offer... did not lack for anything. But they were diligent JWs who possessed real faith in Jehovah and NOT man, the WTS. That's the difference.

So, what did she miss...her father...what did he miss? they had it all....as JWs...lacked for nothing.

...man, you think you are the only one with any "common-sense," and any practical wisdom...I think you are sadly mistaken. -- Luke 16:8

...but BJC and her father, listened to truth, when they heard it, they believed, they believed,...that's where they differ from you...when they heard truth, they BELIEVED. That's the difference. -- Ephesians 1:13

They did not let the WTS STUMBLE them, as you did, they never, ever wavered, never LOST THEIR FAITH...

That's the difference...

Someone cries "Wolf, wolf, wolf," ... and before you know it, You, LARC, are VICTIMIZED by the WTS' FALSE CRIES...still, their "false prophecies," "false cries," has really NOTHING to do with Jehovah God "taking care of business,"... in the end.

...your problem...you've HEARD "WOLF," so much, you can't respond when its time to respond...you are spiritually DEAD...can't respond. You let the WTS kill you... and that is totally inexcusable.

So, you are not sooo smart, afterall.

"Better is a needy but wise child than an OLD but STUPID king, who has not come to know enough to be warned any longer." -- Eccl. 4:13

...the proverbial old man, who HAS NOT come to know enough to be WARNED ANY LONGER...

...that is the finality of the stupid old man.

MDS

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

MDS,

I heard that the "Heaven's Gate" leader and all his followers were intelligent people, college educated etc. It doesn't mean that intelligent people cannot be duped. They all killed themselves believing their "end" had come and it was time to hitch a ride somewhere else.

Every year we hear of predictions for the end of the world or God taking a few chosen ones. Every year these groups see the failings of their leader/prophet. No better, the WTS itself has "dropped a few clangers" to put it midly. But then again they as a religion grew out of sectarian groups that can trace their history to Miller of the 1840's. These groups have all suffered the fate of unrealized predictions for well over 150 years. Those making predictions today are no better but I guess in 100 years time there will still be little groups proclaiming the end of the world.

Thirdson

• larc
    larc

mds,

I have found deep spirituality, and I am going to live it this spring by going fishing with my grand daughter. My heart will be full of love and peace. This spring you will be dwelling on evil, sin, revenge, and death. Enjoy.

• larc
    larc

Thirdson,

These predictions of the end have actualy gone on for 2000 years. I would elaborate, but it is late and I have to go to bed.

mds,

Provide a quote from me that indicates that I look down on bjc. Also, how would you know if she has gone through more or less than I have. One minor point: your statement "did not lack for nothing" is bad grammar.

When you are 60 will you have a family and grand children and enough money to retire?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit