Who knows the names?

by Bang 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Bang
    Bang

Can everyone tell me the names that the wtbts calls people by?

And particularly anything that is meant to de-scribe others as condemned, such as spiritual fornicators and birdseed.

Bang

Edited by - Bang on 8 July 2002 4:36:29

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

weeds

goats

Edited by - plmkrzy on 8 July 2002 5:2:53

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

People

Human beings

Neighbours

Inhabitants

Men

Women

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

One word is used far more often than any other negative adjective;

Worldly

It is used to categorize EVERYONE outside the organization, and often to describe those inside the organization who are not quite up to the expected standards of behavior. If you are not "In the Truth" you are "worldly". It is very black-and-white.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    People
    Human beings
    Neighbours
    Inhabitants
    Men
    Women

TheOldHippie, I think he was looking for phrases used to discribe those "outside" the congergation.

That is a list of those "inside the congergation" you know the ones they refer to as

"The flock of sheep" silly.

"Can everyone tell me the names that the wtbts calls people by?"

Yep they call them mostly "sheep", "goats", "the flock", and worldly. If you were not a JW then you were always, with no acceptation, "worldly" If you were or are a JW that exhibits personality traits that lean a bit too far to the "left" (a sister who wears her skirt more than above the knee) then you are called a sister or brother who is "spiritually weak"

Edited by - plmkrzy on 8 July 2002 8:12:45

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

You don't say?

I was just trying to make the point, that in my whole "career" I have never used any other names than those I wrote; I don't like any other way of categorizing other people. And I don't think those words could be mistaken for being used on those "insode", as I have never had THAT many neighbours also being "inside".

One could, though, try to make a list showing what words are used to describe the Witnesses being here: jerks, idiots, retarded etc.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Fleshly

Usually used to describe someone who is your brother or sister but who isn't a dub. "fleshly brother". Brothers and sisters in the JWs are spiritual brothers and sisters.

Idolaters

OK not much, but it is used a lot in literature referring to those of faiths who use images/icons

Pigs in the Mire

That is an ex JW. Based on a scripture which says that those turning away from their faith are like pigs

Lawless Ones

Spiritually blinded

Bad associates (this is non-dubs, or even dubs who don't behave correctly. Based on scripture "bad associations spoil useful habits")

• Bang
    Bang

I'd simply like a list of those they have taken from the Bible and misused in their de-scriptions.

Bang

Thanks Sirona, Plmkrzy et al. and thanks hippie, I'll try to remember that they are people too, but truth can cut deep, it is a sword.

Edited by - Bang on 8 July 2002 8:25:28

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

members of Babylon the Great or false religionists

people who will be destroyed at Armageddon

evil slave class (those who are considered apostates)

• Bang
    Bang

That's an interesting one - evil slave class. Not plainly Biblically derived though - more made up.

Bang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit