Letter To Fred Franz

by Perry 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Perry
    Perry

"Because they have religiously attached God's name to it, they may feel that God and his Son Jesus Christ will never permit [them] to be destroyed".......

"There is every justification for Jehovah to 'act in rage', without feeling compassion"......

"Jehovah instructs Ezekiel how to do so, saying, 'and compose a proverbial saying concerning the rebellious house, and you must say concerning them, 'This is what the sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: Put the wide-mouthed cooking pot on; put it on, and also pour water into it. Gather pieces in it, every good piece, theigh and shoulder, fill it even with the choicest bones".

"Should the destructioin of an idolatrous system of false, hypocritical religion call for pity from the eyes of persons who love truth and righteousness....? The great oppression and the blinding and misguidance of the people that have resulted from such false religion keep the lovers of truth and righteousness from feeling sorry".

(All quotes above taken from ,"The Nations Shall Have to Know That I Am Jehovah" - 1971

Dear Freddie,

My eye will not feel sorry for seeing a corrupt hypocritical religion boil as the light of truth exposes its hypocricy and hastens its demise. Your hatred of all people not like you, is returning to the source from that which it came and your prophesied destruction will be remembered as a true prophecy... only toward your own machinations. I will live to see it; and you have simply died a delusioned and twisted old man that history will regard as a fruad and a blow-hard that preyed on the ignorant and the vulnerable. I do admire your determination and fortitude. It was an exercise in futuility though. How a man can live almost 100 years and miss the key ingredient of love of fellow man as a foundation of living, must stand as an impregnable monument of self-illusion comproable to that of historys' most infamous demagogues.

I had the great privledge of feasting on your hate material formally each Tuesday night at our home, and informally every other night that I would listen, at the nice impressionable age of nine, even since birth. Like it or not, you profoundly impacted my impressionable years.

Ole' Freddie..... buddy, you left your successors in a pot that is getting increasingly warmer. While you are resting in your nice cold grave, your home grown power drones are starting to sweat amid the swirling boil of human understanding, common decency, and righteous indignation. No, you didn't kill millions of people with the gas chambers or the firing squads; you killled them much more insidously by the hatred you spewed at the expense of our families; famlies that we truly love but are infested with your gift of fear that you injected into them by the power of your persuasion.

I have learned from you Freddie. I have examined the tenaciousnesss that guided your words, and the words that guided your listeners. I have learned that a short, indistinguished college drop-out can not only carve a life of his own but can influence millions of people to action of one sort or another. I learned from you that the pen is indeed mightier than the sword and that sheer determination can somtimes change the course of many people. I intend to change the course of just my own life.....possibly a few others; your example gives me strength to do that.

Unlike you, I have learned that life's journey is internal and is to be shared with a type of people called family. Your words and demagougery may have robbed many of their natural families; but your example inspires the fragile with the impossible, the depressed with the victory, and the defeated with the Triumph; which is the forging of new families and friends based on connection rather than fear and adulation.

Sleep well. Try not to say too much from your grave. I think we all heard enough in the past.

Regards,

Perry

I must apologize for ranting like this publically on this board. Perhaps many will not get my nostalgia and point. Those who were raised in the "truth", over 30, and who ever heard Freddie or his protege' Nathan speak, will no doubt relate better. I know everyones' journey is unique and I don't propose mine to be any more difficult than any other. I just felt the need to let my fingers do the walking tonight and address a person who so profoundly affected my life and to let him know that true triumph is measured not in terms of quantity but in terms of quality. Freddie died a man without a family.....only an illusion of one.

I no longer chase his illusions.

No response necessary,,,,good night everyone.

Edited by - Perry on 6 July 2002 23:40:27

Edited by - Perry on 7 July 2002 0:0:57

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Hey Perry I hope you exercised some of your demons writing it's really good for the soul to just write it out. I'm sorry you have those memories, those dissappointments to contend with.

When I read what you wrote I couldn't help but wonder to myself........myself I said, where were you all those years? I went to all the meetings, assemblies and such, but fornunately (although I remember feeling very guilty at the time) I was too distracted to listen or learn either what I heard or read. The first and informative years, heck I was just plain too young to care, I just wanted to play chase with the boys after the meeting, my teen years.......lol, pretty much the same only I wanted to play "get caught" with the boys after the meetings......then the last 20 years I spent chasing my own kids at the KH, just to darn busy to pay attention and learn. Why did I even go?

Like I said it is really good to write it out, I just learned that I don't have to feel guilty for not knowing what the heck everyone is talking about, this prophsey, that bible scripture, sister blank did blank to brother blank, who cares life will just keep on keeping on if I continue to breathe, simple eh?

bc

"Life is like a ten speed bike, we all have gears we never use." Charles Shultz

• COMF
    COMF

Letter to Fred Franz:

Dear Fred,

Kiss my ass.

COMF

• Wendy
    Wendy

Hear Hear Perry!

Well said and ((((hugs))))

Comf,

I have never known you to beat around the bush Please try to speak your mind next time mmmkay? lol

wendy

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Nice Perry. Actually, till I got past the witnesses, I had no idea that Freddie had had such a strong influence on my life.

*Dear Mr. Franz, (we apologize for not calling you brother, but you understand) your application to heaven is not able to be approved at this time. We do have a Franz on the list, but the first name is Ray, not Fred. Perhaps this is a mix-up? Is this perhaps your given middle name?

Not to worry too much, Mr. Franz. If this Ray Franz is a relative, we can usually work something out if someone as worthy as Brother Ray Franz is will vouch for you. Would you like for us to contact him in your behalf, Mr Franz?

Please make the best of your stay in limbo. We here in heaven all know it is not a comfortable place, but it is certainly better than the alternative.

Sincerely, Gods' Sole Visable Representative in Heaven, Barbara*

Edited by - SixofNine on 7 July 2002 2:32:32

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Some years ago JanH parodied a forthcoming book title by the WTS:

Screams From Gehenna -- The Posthumous Works of Frederick W. Franz

I still chuckle at that.

• Perry
    Perry

Thanks everyone {{{hugs}}}

I got to browsing some of the some of the "Prophecy" books from the late sixties to the early eighties. It is simple hate propaganda that any idiot with a flair for words could write. We all hung on every word back then.....how sad.

It is clear that Freddie was behind the scenes pulling most, if not all of the doctrinal strings. We had the priviledge of being his "lab rats" to see how it would work out in folks' lives.

For those of you who lived through the height of his frenzy during your formative yours....I salute all of you as well as others who came along later in the game.

Perry

Edited by - Perry on 7 July 2002 9:59:58

• Perry
    Perry

Hey Perry I hope you exercised some of your demons writing it's really good for the soul to just write it out.

It was most pleasurable chatting with you last night. Although, I may have had a little too much of the spirits while exercising a demon or two...LOL

• Farkel
    Farkel

Perry,

Great piece and it reflects my sentiments exactly. Back when Franz intentionally cooked up the lies that allowed Rutherford to occupy Beth Sarim with nary a peep from Rutherford's dupes, Franz knew exactly what he was doing. He was a manipulator and liar and worse: he believed he spoke for God. Therefore, Freddie's God was a God of lies and manipulations. At least he picked the right God for himself.

Farkel

• teejay
    teejay

I fell ya on your rant, Perry. Every word.

Let's face it: the man was a psychopath, wrapped up in delusions of special connectedness to god, and we weren't all that sane, either. We hung on his every syllable.

Glad that's over with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit