KEEP THROWING THOSE STARFISHES!

by new boy 11 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

All I can say is I take my hat off to the many posters here. You have no idea how much you folks are helping people!

I only visited this site once before I left the borg back in sept. 2001, but what a impact Wow!

I wasn't ready for this place, then

And like so many things in life," when the student is ready they the teacher arrives"

To the great posters of this board, Farkel,D8TA, Ozziepost,Metatron,DakataRed, and the many,many others I salute You all!

As to the STARFISHS, the story goes like this.

A small boy was walking along a long beach, The tide had gone out, after a storm, with millions of starfishes washed way up on the beach. With in a few hours the sun would kill most of them. The boy was picking up starfishes, one at a time and throwing back into the ocean. Walking the other way and old man came to the boy and said "Son what difference and you make with all these starfishes?" The boy picked up a starfish and throw it into the ocean, and said "I made a difference to that one!"

Thank all of you for making a difference.

Keith Casarona

• onacruse
    onacruse

Right on, Keith!

See you at Chili's?

CraigM

• new boy
    new boy

Not sure I can make it. Its kind of a bad time 5:00, sat.

If your not doing anything after the meeting, come on over, I having a few people over {worldly friends}

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

[Falls dead to the floor after being struck in the forehead with a starfish]

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Hi New Boy,

"I made a difference to that one!"

Thanks so much for the starfish story. It's so true.

How good it feels to help each other and also know that along the way we are also helping some of our friends and family or that brother or sister who sat just a row or two away at the assembly, to find a better life, a real life.

Take Care,

IW

• onacruse
    onacruse

LOL Else: Let crab bite you (your choice of body part) and won't notice starfish on head.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Thank you for the compliment, New Boy. By the way, are you and onacruse in the Portland area?

Lew W

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hi, DR. I'm in Beaverton, just west of Portland. Been around this area for almost 40 yrs.

You have relatives/friends up here?

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Cruse, I'm just across the river in Vancouver, Hazel Dell, as a matter of fact. I RSVP'd for the meet, but due to problems with the computer and such, repairing that takes precedence this month. Email me sometime and we'll get together.

Lew W

• Carly887
    Carly887

I was raised a witness and even married a witness in 1998. After we did some soul searching we realized this religion was not for us and we left in 1999. We have never been happier. I am glad to see that there are others out her like me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit