YOU WILL SUCK

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

According to Isa.66:10&11 we are told "you will suck and certainly get satisfaction". What does this mean??

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Knowing the prudish-ness of ancient Hebrews, it was probably metaphoric as opposed to euphoric.

• Matty
    Matty

In a previous thread myself and Naeb brought out these scriptures that may clarify the issue further:

Acts 20:35
    bear in mind the words of the Lord Jesus, when he himself said, 'There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving.'

Psalm 78:71
    From following the females giving suck
    He brought him in to be a shepherd over Jacob his people
    And over Israel his inheritance.

Matthew 15:11
    What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.'"

Edited by - matty on 6 July 2002 13:40:50

• Perfection Seeker
    Perfection Seeker

I am editing this because my reply was an inappropriate sexual comment. I apologize.

Melissa

Edited by - perfection seeker on 6 July 2002 14:3:47

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

I think it's a spin on 'there is more happiness in giving, then there is in receiving'

• onacruse
    onacruse

The NIV Study Bible connects Isa. 66:11 w/ 60:16 and comments: "In 60:16 ... Jerusalem was drinking the milk of nations. Here she is the mother..." The Oxford Annotated Bible footnotes: "Restored 'Mother' Jerusalem can provide abundantly for all..." The New Jerusalem Bible cross-references to John 16:20-22, where Jesus predicts essentially the same reversal of fortunes for his disciples.

This is a typical "restoration" prophecy. Depending on your viewpoint, could be interpreted to mean the actual return of literal Israel to an elevated status in the world, or (as SixofNine said) could be taken metaphorically.

BTW: 6/9, how is 7/9 doing these days? :)

Christian love,

Craig

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

<------ will suck when SYN gets here..

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Hey I resent that !

Oh by the way,

Is it the: GB,the Lawyers,the Writing Dept, the Service Dept.,the Bethel Boys,the Zone Overseers,the DO's the CO's, the Assembly Overseers, the Missionaries, the presiding Overseers, the Secrateries, the Service overseers,the Bookstudy Overseers,the Watchtower Conductor, the Theocratic Ministry School Overseers, the Elders, the Pioneers, the Auxiliary Pioneers,the Publishers, the Inactive, the Drift Aways or the Apostates ?

HCM

• minimus
    minimus

ho...now that's quite the list of those who suck . what's the matter, you couldn't think of any more??

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Yes I could but I don't want to get personal. HAHAHAHAHAHA

HCM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit