Why don’t we have a better story?

by iconoclastic 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic

1. Some say we are all Gods, and God is omnipresent.

2. Some say: God created his children who later challenged his sovereignty, who in turn asked his eldest son: ‘Go down to the world, do not resist the wicked, but be murdered by them, the value of which will be used to atone the sins of the world.’

3. Universe arose out of a big bang. Later life arose. When the species felt hungry, food-provision arose (or, food-provision arose first which made the hunger possible whatever). When they took food, they felt the need of a digestive system within their bodies—thus digestive system appeared. When they felt the need to copy themselves, genital organs arose. When they implanted seed into their bodies, a womb appeared within the body.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Please educate yourself on evolution. You're making yourself look silly.
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Cool story, bro!
  • iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    I am only looking at beneath the details of all the three groups, on the stem, on the substratum, they all stand. That is not being silly--it is a serious matter.
  • iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    I am only looking at beneath the details of all the three groups, on the stem, on the substratum, they all stand. That is not being silly--it is a serious matter.
  • talesin
    talesin

So I ask you .... why is it important? We are born, we live, and like all other living things on this planet - we die.

4. Some say - it matters not - live in the moment.

xo

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

What is your "story", please share with us your evidence.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Omg number 3 was PAINFUL to read. Jesus...

Read up on evolution. You're nowhere close to an understanding of it.

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic

ostGeneration

I have no story as the purpose and meaning of life is a mystery, so far. Because of our deep involvement in the humdrum of lived life, we normally do not ponder over the question of the purpose of life. The question arises in our minds usually when confronted with the perceived meaninglessness of life. When, like Leo Tolstoy, we begin to feel, ``My Life is a stupid, mean trick played on me by somebody.'' We may also ponder over life's meaning when we endorse Macbeth's view that life is ``a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing''. Or, like Shakespeare wrote, when we feel that ``We are such stuff/ As dreams are made of, and our little life/ is rounded with a sleep...'' Homer says, ``Insignificant mortals, who are as leaves are, and now flourish and grow warm with life, and feed on what the ground gives, but then again fade away and are dead.''

Whether or not you know the purpose of life, this life should be something meaningful for you; the way you spent time should make you feel genuine satisfaction. If you become a money-making machine (as the world wants us to be), you might get some sort of satisfaction but that would be very short-lived -for, in the long run, even a non-believer gets some sort of doubt; you feel some sort of uneasiness.... That's why I am saying, only do those things that give you deep satisfaction. That's living a meaningful life.

So how to make your life more meaningful? First, we should think... all sentient beings experience pleasure and pain. All sentient beings wish to be happy. Because of the power of intelligence, human beings have much better ability to avoid suffering. In the meantime, somehow, that very intelligence is also the source of problems. There's too much stress. The more educated you are, the more expectations you have (and others have of you), your hopes and fears too are intensified because of memory and intelligence. Animals have less expectation, they deal with immediate threats.

We should use our intelligence in such a way that it is a source of happiness, not as aggravator of anxiety and stress. Pay more attention to common experience, common sense and realise that compassion brings us all together.... When we learn from one another, it becomes the basis of genuine harmony.

Ralph Waldo Emerson put it very beautifully: “Purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honourable, to be compassionate and to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”—

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

How about if we are really a Anunnaki experiment?

I have heard that many times, and even watch some videos on youtube.

Look them up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit