To Applaud or Throw Up - Which?

by metatron 21 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

I pointed out the evidence that the Society is sneaking away from
    the blood issue to a 'loyal' relative.

She replied "Well, that's good then, right?"

Sometimes it just takes your breath away!

The Society is quietly moving down the 'mainstream' path.
    Do we applaud (they're not killing or hurting as many people)

or do we vomit? (uh, does this make you realize how they never had
    God backing them?)

Confusing isn't it? What's the old joke about the definition
    of mixed feelings?

Your mother-in-law drives over a cliff in your new car.

How incredible - they're going to get away with it!
    No one will notice anything! I talked with an elder in mixed
    company about how the Society now allows kids to go to college
    - he said "They never told kids not to go to college"????!!!!

We were never at war with Eurasia - we were always at war
    with Oceania!

I guess I'll clap and try to hold down my lunch.

metatron

• minimus
    minimus

Remember, no matter what they say....it is always right. No vaccinations, no transplants, no brain!!!!

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Hurray for Doublethink! Chocolate rations were never 3 oz they have always been 2 oz, but hey, our glorious leaders just announced that victory is at hand and Chocolate rations are being increased to 3oz!! We love our Leaders!

• mustang
    mustang

What utter B-S!!!

I know I wasn't the only one that got a "sHERPEDING cALL" in my congo over going to night school at the local Community College!!!!!

Lying sacks of %$#@*&+=!

Mustang

• mustang
    mustang

I heard N.H. Knorr say, from the Yankee Stadium podium, that it was better to be a short-order cook than to really get an education!!!

It does take your breath away, at times!!!

Mustang

Edited by - mustang on 5 July 2002 14:55:37

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

The GB is trying to figure out a way to make the blood issue go away, without anyone noticing, and of course, at the same time, all the JW's who knew about the old poicly will rejoice, saying that Jehovah has given spiritual food, and possibly spared our lives.. He has 'changed' his view on blood so his children no longer have to suffer..

I agree with Met... I hope that they get to this point, as then maybe JW's won't commit 'suicide' by not taking blood, but at the same time, I gag at the thought that the GB will be able to change such a 'basic doctrine' of the JW's and the R&F will happily go along with it rejoicing in the 'new spiritual light' that the rest of the world has known about for 50+ years!

But, in this one instance, since it does involve physical well being, I cannot wait until the day that they figure out how to do it, even if the R&F think nothing about the 'new light'!

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme
    I know I wasn't the only one that got a "sHERPEDING cALL" in my congo over going to night school at the local Community College!!!!!

And didn't that make you feel 'good' that you were being taken care of like the rest of the sheep <baaaaaa>

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

Book One, Chapter 3

"If the [WTBTS] could thrust its hand into the past and say this or that even, it never happenedthat, surely, was more terrifying than mere torture and death." pg 32

"And if all others accepted the lie which the [WTBTS] imposedif all records told the same talethen the lie passed into history and became truth. 'Who controls the past' ran the [WTBTS] slogan, 'controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.'" pg 32

"Day by day and almost minute by minute the past was brought up to date. In this way every prediction made by the [WTBTS] could be shown by documentary evidence to have been correct; nor was any item of news, or any expression of opinion, which conflicted with the needs of the moment, ever allowed to remain on record. All history was a palimpsest, scraped clean and reinscribed exactly as often as was necessary." pg 36

*** yes. and they all have that same glazed look on their faces too. when you try to pin them down, they just look at you with those glazed eyes and don't even deny what you're saying. they just say what it is NOW.

ugh...

• onacruse
    onacruse

I expect that we will see more and more of this secularization of WTS. Why Conservative Churches Are Growing (Dean M. Kelly; Harper & Row, 1972) presents considerable data on several mainstream churches, with in-depth analysis of the Anabaptist movement, the Wesleyan revival, the Mormon migration, and JWs. The titles of ch 6 (Why Not a Strong Ecumenical Religion?) and ch 7 (Dynamics of Diminishing Demand) speak volumes. It is historically demonstrable and sociologically inevitable that as religious (read JW) membership increases, influence over/stimulation of the individuals will diminish even as the core of the "saving remnant" disappears.

My JW relatives have frequently remarked that WTS has changed a lot since "the old days," and the general level of JW enthusiasm has palpably diminished (no more the "automatic" pioneering of teenagers, no more the "compulsive" applause at every assembly talk/new release, no more the cooperation of organized of activities that comes from deep personal commitment). A certain acquiescence (numbness?) paralyzes long-timers, and disillusions new-comers. The hypocrisy and resort to authoritarian knee-jerking is just part of the natural progress of the disease. One comment (from 50 yr JW): "This is just turning into another religion."

The True Believer (Eric Hoffer [my copy on loan]) offers a similar compelling outline of the life and death of a religion in which I spent 40 yrs.

I now no longer hope/pray for such changes, because I am convinced that they will happen of their own accord. Incidentally, I can now keep down my lunch :-)

Looking to a better age,

Craig

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

I heard N.H. Knorr say, from the Yankee Stadium podium, that it was better to be a short-order cook than to really get an education!!!

henious

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit