2015 Regional Convention Anthony Morris Governing Body encourages coerced baptism of unwilling children ...again

by Watchtower-Free 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

If one gets their license suspended or decides to give up driving to take public transportation, what are the consequences?"

Suspension of their license for a limited amount of time, higher insurance rates for a few more years. But they can still talk with their family.

In a few years if they are not repeat offenders, it will be over with. It will be Dead history and not even on a driving record, which seems to never be the case for anything that a young person that makes a mistake in the congregation can experience, they will pay for that inexperience and mistake forever.

• brandnew
    brandnew

5 baptized, so why the need for so many new kingdumb halls?

They're such liars ! !

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

Drivers License? These men are desperate.

You could use the same reasoning for marriage, having children, choosing a career. Yes they physically could do that but are they in the right frame of mind at that age to commit to such a big decision.

I guess Jesus was a slow learner hey, baptised at 30 - wait they did not have driver's licenses then so that explains it!

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    So it now comes down to blackmail!! Want your drivers license...then get baptized! Pretty desperate if you ask me!
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

He's deluded.

You know what? I'm not even sure that water baptism is even required anymore, assuming the scrolls that became the bible can be trusted.

When Jesus was born, everyone was under the law. Then comes John the Baptist and preaches salvation and forgiveness of sins by water baptism.

Then Jesus gets baptized and anointed. Then Jesus talks about baptizing in the spirit and fire. ( refining tests???)

JWism is a materialistic, pseudo-spiritual, legalistic sect of Xianity. Their emphasis on getting in a public pool for salvation is ignorant.

Also, there are no guarantees in JWIsm anyway. Get dipped, serve faithfully for decades, have issues and become inactive and Jeehoober will kill you along with the wicked. At least that's TOMO's gospel.

If you are lucky enough to make it to the new system, you can look forward to assigned housing, field service with pirates, and maybe the prospect of eternal life.

This is all contingent upon you passing the FINAL final test. You know, the one where Jeehoobie lets the devil loose again, just to make sure..

DD

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hey ToMo, thanks for bringing up Grampa there around the 20 sec point. Since the time my grandfathers bought into the WT message back in the 30s and 40s, they were promised they would never grow old and die... but they both died about 20 years ago. I should have realized then that WT is just a cult led by crazies that think they are channeling a Bronze Age god.

"... unless you're a toddler", eh? So when the kids are able to walk, it's time to get them baptized? And if they're old enough to drive, the parents should force them into baptism before they can get their license? Do you have a scripture for either of those statements? Or are you just pulling them from your own fat a$s and claiming you channeled it from your Bronze Age god?

I certainly don't recall the bible ever saying anything about drivers licenses, or cars, or airplanes, or nuclear fission, or lots of other things. I do recall the bible saying that the Bronze Age god wasn't able to defeat armies that had chariots with iron wheels. And I remember his law stating that a rape victim had to marry her rapist, which is pretty sick. ToMo, you might has well have said that if a toddler is old enough to get raped and forced to marry her rapist, she's old enough to force into baptism as a JW.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Do JWs force people to join their religion? According to their FAQ, "No, we do not."

lol!!!

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/change-religion/

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    FUN FACT: of the five baptized at this convention, three looked too young to spell "baptism."
  • blondie
    blondie

I know that 6 year olds were not getting baptized in the first century, 13 and older maybe. I remember some 6 year olds that went out in service, gave talks, but did not go to the meetings for field service on their own, or study their lessons and give their own answers. Not independent to live their lives without mommy or daddy.

It will lboomerang on them because I saw many young jws df'd and never come back.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    That guy makes me sick. Notice his flat affect. He has to have some sort of mental disorder. Jesus wouldn't have been good enough for him. He waited far too long to get baptized. And yes, getting baptized is what counts, not dedication. It's all about that outward symbol. Nobody really cares what's in your heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit