YOU CAN PREACH-EVEN WITH DEMENTIA

by minimus 23 Replies latest forum announcements

• minimus
    minimus

THE AUGUST 1,2002 WT. TELLS OF AN EXPERIENCEOF A WOMAN WITH SEVERE DEMENTIA, SO BAD, THAT SHE NEEDED TO BE REMINDED TO SWALLOW HER FOOD. THIS PERSON SAW HER CARETAKER WEEPING OVER SOME PROBLEM. SO SHE PUT HER ARMS AROUND HER AND INVITED HER CARETAKER TO STUDY THE BIBLE WITH HER. SHE THEN INSTRUCTED HER TO READ EACH PARAGRAPH, LOOK UP THE CITED SCRIPTURES, READ THE QUESTION AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE, AND THEN ANSWER IT.THIS DEMENTED WOMAN EVEN REALIZED THAT HER CARETAKER NEEDED SOMEONE TO ASSOCIATE WITH THAT ALSO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN SERVING GOD.SO, SHE GAVE HER STUDENT A DRESS AND A PAIR OF SHOES SO THAT SHE COULD HAVE SOMETHINHG APPROPRIATE TO WEAR FOR HER FIRST MEETING.AT HER FIRST OPPORTUNITY THE CARETAKER WALKED INTO THE KINGDOM HALL WITH HER NEW DRESS AND SHOES AND ASKED FOR A BIBLE STUDY. NOW SHE IS BAPTIZED! SOOOO.....NEVER SAY THAT YOU CAN'T PREACH.EVEN THE SEVERELY DEMENTED CAN STUDY WITH YOU.

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Welcome minimus:

Are you going to preach to a demented person? I've been called demented before, however I don't wear dresses. I do wear shoes but not pumps there hard to find in a size 12.

HCM

ps- All capitals is perceived as yelling, SO WELCOME TO THE BOARD!

Edited by - HoChiMin on 4 July 2002 22:53:10

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Not only can you preach JW doctrine with dementia, it is a great help!

• minimus
    minimus

THANX HO FOR YOUR WELCOME. THIS IS THE 1ST TIME I'VE EVER POSTED .I HAVE BEEN READING THIS SITE AND OTHERS FOR SOME TIME NOW. I NOTICE OUTLAW CAPS ALL HIS LETTERS TOO. I JUST THINK IT'S EASIER TO READ, BUT I WILL KEEP IT IN MIND ESPECIALLY IF I THINK SOMEONE MAY FEEL I AM DISAGREEING WITH THEM. I DON'T WANT TO LOOK LIKE I AM YELLING AT ANYBODY,AT LEAST NOT YET....LOL

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Minimus, interesting post. Of course, I'm sure that it was totally fabricated by the WTBTS just to make those who aren't doing "enough" feel guilty.

BTW, all caps is NOT easier to read......trust me on this.

• minimus
    minimus

Hi redhorse woman. Do you not believe that demented persons will teach the truth?? Ye of little faith! btw, is that a little easier on the eyes?......

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Minimus,as you can see from my post only the begining of my sentences are capped.When you go to make a post,go to the section that says size.I use the 3(12pt)size You can even go larger if you want.. Have fun on the board...OUTLAW

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

minimus

Your so called experience remainds me how yb gave tens of years ago impression that God or any other authority superior to human might have deposited (or affected to that effect) exactly missing amount of money to the bank account of a pioneer who was short of rent or something. It is definitely encouraging to read these experiences the only qualification needed is a strong trust in fairy tales.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I am biting my tongue so hard here to NOT say all the things Farkel will say when he gets here

The floor is yours Farkel

• JanH
    JanH

Damn, DW, you beat me to it

- Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit