Have a good Fourth

by dustrabbit 9 Replies latest jw friends

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

Even though I'm in a distant land, I'm glad I'll be home soon. how are the rest of my fellow Americans going to celebrate the Fourth?
    Too bad I can't set off a few fireworks....

the dustrabbit

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

hi dustrabbit.

there's a big sports complex right by my house. it's where we go to watch spring training exhibtion games. anyway, they are having fireworks and a carnival. some friends are coming up and bringing their kids. we're going to go there and lie on the lawn, wear neon bracelets and eat snowcones, and watch the fireworks. it will be the first fourth of july since 9/11, which is on everyone's mind this year.

i bet you miss america. i don't know how long i could last in a foreign country... how are you going to celebrate, being over there? is it july 5th already for you?

luv,
    ~incense

• Solace
    Solace

Have a great 4th everyone!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

As long as my new keyboard holds out, I won't have to worry about not being able to use the computer.

During the day, I will probably fire up the barbecue and do some chicken and such. After the sun goes down, I will most likely hide under the bed with the pets while the drunken neighbors do their fireworks. Boo koo dinky dau!

Lew W

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Happy 4th of July

to all my American Neighbors

• LB
    LB

I live a few miles away from our closest town which has 412 residents. We do a parade that is pure old fashioned. It's small, so small it goes around the block twice. Mostly some old cars, kids on bikes and floats fashioned from flat bed trailers with cheerleaders, loggers, war vets and such. Kids will be selling lemonaide on the corners and there will be a quilting bee going on. We will have a dunk tank set up where we'll dunk the town marshall and preacher.

At night we forgo the trip down the hill to see the professional fireworks display for some of our own. We will set up our own fireworks on the infield of the baseball diamond. It's so nice because everyone just takes there turn watching each other. Blankets are set up on the grass around the infield and everyone will share whatever drink and food they brought.

We will laugh with the children and take delight in their glee. But we will also talk about those who've left this world in the past year. Always remembering those we care about. Blanche Campbell died the year before this one and we set up a float in her memory.

Should any of you ever get the chance to see how smalltown America celebrates the 4th I urge you to do so. It's how grandparents celebrated when they were children. Very heartwarming.

Edited by - LB on 4 July 2002 1:5:22

• Princess
    Princess

That sounds awesome LB. We are heading downtown Edmonds to eat a pancake breakfast with the Sons of Norway. After that the kids ride their decorated bikes in the kid's parade which is followed by the "big" Edmonds parade. Then it's off to our friend's annual 4th picnic where we eat and enjoy their lovely sound and mountain view. If it doesn't rain I'll hitch a ride with someone to watch the fireworks display at the civic playfields.

Happy Independence Day!

Rachel

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

Happy 4th Of July to everyone!!!!!!!!!

-Rick

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

A Happy 4 th of July to all my American buddies!!! A

Edited by - bitter mango on 4 July 2002 4:20:32

• Prisca
    Prisca

LB - Love the sound of your small town's celebrations. There is something about the genuineness and the atmosphere of small towns.

Mango - that pic is ADORABLE!! what a cute bub.

May you all have an enjoyable 4th of July - and a safe one (tell Osama to take a jump in the lake!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit