Watchtower Study today Jan 4 2015 , Fallacious Reasoning (issue Nov 15 2014)

by BluesBrother 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Stirred
    Stirred

It seems articles are becoming more and more simplistic and full of unproven claims with poor reasoning and few if no references.

i would love to tune up my skills and courage enough to say something today about this article.

• kairos
    kairos

I also do enjoy the occasional topic on the current WT study.

Thanks for posting!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It seems articles are becoming more and more simplistic and full of unproven claims with poor reasoning and few if no references.

Try looking at the WT Simplified Edition if you really want to see "simplistic" -- dumb would be more correct.

Doc

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free
    Good point
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

We have even MORE proof that Santa Claus is real:

• There are so many books and songs about him.
    • We have seen not just pictures of him, but can see him in holiday parades and shopping centers.
    • You can mail letters to Santa.
    • Children (and some adults) all around the world believe in him and get presents from him.
    • We have the testimony of myriads of elves that work with him at his North Pole workshop.
    • Mrs. Claus has faithfully stayed by his side, although Santa has been rumored to have spent time with Ho-ho-hos.
    • Since we know that the Grinch is real, Santa must be real.
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    Thanks Billy! I was starting to waffle in my belief in Santa 'cause he's been rather stingy with me but after reviewing your list and checking it twice my faith has been restored!!!
  • Island Man
    Island Man

The subheading that said: "Why we know Jesus was resurrected" was rather ambitious in its use of the word "know". Repeatedly the paragraphs would give reasons why we "know" Jesus was raised up.

It shows that the writing dept. is going beyond what is written and doesn't know the difference between knowledge and belief/faith. Christians today can't know that Jesus was raised up. They can only believe/exercise faith in it. If they knew it then they would not be able to exercise faith in it as Romans 10:9 instructs them to, because knowledge of a fact renders faith in that fact obsolete.

Christians don't even know that God exists. Scripturally speaking, they believe that he exists. (Hebrews 11:6)

• prologos
    prologos

Too bad the wt writers did not mention Matth. 27:52, about the  tombs being opened at Jesus' death, and then "they" coming out from the tombs, upon HIS resurrection entering into Jerusalem and becoming VISIBLE there. 

Not just Jesus' resurrection, but a mass event. Not invisible, like the Messiah's, but for all to see in that expectant city, full of visitors from around the world. 

Why would wt fail to include that unprecedented and never repeated testimony to the importance of that day&place?

you guessed it, 

the whole story is too funny to be true, starting right from the talking snake. 

circular reasoning too, the early Christians believed that resurrections took place by just touching the bones of Elisha,  and so do we jws! it is in the bible after all. 

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Nice!!! I sat through the WT regurgitation/head-bobber session today and notice the same circular reasoning. 

The resurrection is true! Why?? The bible says so! The resurrection is true because people in the bible said so. The resurrection is true because people in the bible told people in the bible, who told other people in the bible that it's true! 

Finally, we have evidence that Jesus has been ruling for the last 100 years! Oh, by the way, we believed he came back in 1874 until well after 1925! 

Tune in next week to learn why we should NEVER question the latest ideas of 8 men in NY!! STFU and be blessed!!!

DD

• piztjw
    piztjw

And of course there was this "precious" nugget (turd)

"We don't focus on life's pleasures." I guess that explains why JW's are such a bunch of miserable people. Always focusing on life's miseries, and failures!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit