Are you a real american?

by Bgurltryal 3 Replies latest social humour

• Bgurltryal
  • COMF
    COMF

I'm a citizen of Earth.

I'z born a citizen of this government. It builds roads, prosecutes crooks, makes people tell the truth in TV ads 'n' stuff like that, takes one third of everything I earn, and has done an okay job of looking out for my interests while sort-of staying out of my business, so far.

I didn't draw the lines between the USA and Mexico or Canada. I didn't put the oceans between the Americas and the rest of the world. I grew up pretty close to where I was born, due mostly to inertia. Patriotism didn't have anything to do with it; if I'd been born in Ireland, likely I'd still be in Ireland. Ditto for any other social, political, or geographical region you can name. Like you, I was subject to the influence of my environment as I grew up, but gradually learned to distinguish reality from propaganda.

I don't make decisions about American foreign policy. Nor do I serve on the board of an international conglomerate mowing down Earth's last jungles to build McDonalds. My input wasn't sought on the matter of who to bomb when.

I live where I live. Attack my home, and I'll fight you, just as you would fight me if I attacked yours.

• blondie
    blondie
    I'm a citizen of Earth.

Not me. I'm from the other reaches of space. I have been masquerading as human for thousands of years.

But seriously, nice comments, Comf.

• Mac
    Mac

comf,

I used to feel alot like you about the "mowing down" of Earth's last jungles. Propaganda comes from many fronts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit