News on Crisis of Conscience !

by Amazing 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Thanks Amazing, I've ordered a copy too!

Ray's book (I've forgotten which edition) played a VERY BIG part in opening the eyes of Mrs Ozzie and I to the Borg. It wasn't the cause of our 'getting out', but it served to confirm what we had been thinking, and showed us that we weren't so crazy, after all! We've counted almost 100 of our friends here in Oz who have been similarly effected and have seen "the truth about The Troof".

Cheers, Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 2 July 2002 21:29:23

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Once I read it my days with the WT were numbered

And this is why this has been such a 'powerful' book; once a Dub has read it, they'll never be the same!

Ozzie

• Pureheart
    Pureheart

Thankyou Amazing,

I had ordered Crisisof Conscience on Amazon.com and they said that the book was out of circulation for them. I understand now. I will order the revised edition right now. Thanks again.

Pureheart

• Carmel
    Carmel

I loaned out my only copy of COC while living in Israel. He was a friend from Central America with JW family in LA. Lost track of him and his wife who are now in LA but have heard that his mother and sister have both left the UU's after reading the book. Hope they had an effect on the Hispanics friends there!

Thanks for the info on the fourth addition. Time to re-up!

carm

• Simon
    Simon

I'll have to get the uptodate copies of both of those. I have them already and they are great for confirming you doubts and 'putting your mind at rest' that leaving is the right thing to do.

It's great that Ray is keeping it updated like this - really makes it more powerful and helps more people (esp. the translations). I wonder how many people his books have helped since he wrote them?

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

I still have not read CofC. I have made half-hearted attempts to locate the book at B&N and other retailers. I will order it today.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Simon:

I wonder how many people his books have helped since he wrote them?

This is something I tried to find out many years ago. I asked Ray to let me know how many he had sold so far ... I was not interested in how much money he made, but just wanted an idea of circulation to see how many have been helped. He would not say. There are estimated to be about 2,000,000 ex-JWs worldwide ... mostly in Western Europe and North America ... so I hope that Ray has sold hundreds of thousands of books and made some good money. He lives in a fairly average home on a few acres. But one would not think he is rich by any means.

• TheStar
    TheStar

Amazing,

Thank you for the info on CoC. I heard from another poster here that met Ray and Cynthia that they live a very frugal life. I often think about them and all that they sacrificed in the borg., I appreciate both of them so very much for all they have done to help others.

I think I will donate my current Spanish and English copies of CoC to the local library and order two new ones.

Edited by - TheStar on 3 July 2002 10:31:49

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Well, I am going to order it too seeing as my 2nd edition copy has lost its first 26 pages due to being loaned out so much.

I noticed it last night when a dub friend of mine eagerly took it from my hands to read it while at work this weekend.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the new version will be as successful as the older version. ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit